The One Where He Asks

ان آنکھوں کی مستی کے  مستانے ہزاروں ہیں

  مستانے ہزاروں ہیں

                         /////////

In the shadow of the setting sun, Jannat sat on the grass between her flowers. The sunflowers, the poppies, the daisies and the tulips surrounded her and she sat among them, the scent of raat ki raani caressing her skin. She was the queen of the garden and the world was her realm.

  A little furious and a little angry with herself, Jannat mulled over her thoughts. She was overwhelmed by his words and her father's impending decision. Blushing and reciting Astaghfirullah a hundred times when she thought of the kiss, she stood up when she saw a cat messing with her new plants.

  With her pink net dupatta lined with golden tilla piled on the floor and her formal baby pink Shalwar Kameez embracing her body, she stood up at once to chase the cat away.

"O! Don't mess with my flowers! Shoo!" , she shouted, hands forming fists when the cat purposely stepped in the poppies, crushing them.

"Thehro tum zara!"  (You wait a minute!"
She ran behind the cat, her feet gliding on the dewy grass. She came to a complete halt when she saw Ibraheem standing a few feet away, dressed in the his business suit with the jacket in his hand and the dark vest encasing his waist tightly. His hair was a little messy, a few strands leaving the quiff to fall over his forehead.

He stepped forward.
"Mjhe say baat kar rahi thi?"
(Where you talking to me?)

She shook her head and stepped back.

"You don't let anyone touch these flowers, do you?" His words tired and a little slow.

She shook her head, a little frantically. Never.

"Agar mjhe aik phool chahiye ho tau?"
(What if I want one flower?)

She shook her head again and the blush overcame her solemn expression when he stepped closer to her wrapped his both arms around her waist, like he hand once in the kitchen.

It felt so surreal in the moonlight, his eyes shining silver and her's reflecting the earthy golden, his arms around her tiny waist and hers trapped between their bodies.

  "Nahi dau gi?" (You won't give it?)

She shook her head again, her hair moving with the movement of her head.

He dipped his head lower till his breath mixed with hers.

"What if I say please. One rose. Just one."