The One Where She Rebels

////////
  Please please please before starting to read this chapter, pray for my results tomorrow. Pray that I get excellent marks and achieve my goal.

I wrote this chapter specially for you guys so please please please pray for me!

                      ///////

اچھی صورت کو سنورنے کی ضرورت کیا ہے  سادگی میں بھی قیامت کی ادا ہوتی ہے۔

  سادگی میں بھی قیامت کی ادا ہوتی ہے۔

///////

Jannat tied the two straps below the back of the sari with difficulty, the black satin material moulding against the crème of her skin, the scooping back of the blouse encased the hollow of her spine, the front showing the slender swan-like neck, the sharp collar bones and the diamond resting between the hollow of them. Only a thin strip of the skin of her torso was visible as the translucent net of the pallu veiled the front, hanging loosely at her back. The silk of the golden hair were curled and resting loosely at her back to cover the scooping neck line, a few tendrils framing her face and kissing the petals of roses that were her lips.

Looking in the mirror, Jannat cursed herself for accepting the sari as a gift from her paternal cousin, Amira. It was a ghazal night and everyone was wearing the saris. Since Jannat didn't have any, she refused to wear one but Amira insisted and gifted her one. Jannat was nervous to wear it, she felt like she couldn't handle it gracefully and was only going to make a fool of herself. It was different from what she wore usually, this was a little seductive and Jannat wanted to hide back into her shell of innocence.

She even complained to Dua and then Ammi, but no one listened. According to them and her cousins,she looked ethereal. Since only she and Ibraheem were going, not the rest of the cousins because they belonged to their maternal family, Jannat quickly started putting on her heels when the door opened.

Ibraheem stopped at the door when Jannat looked at him and then he looked at her, looked at her after a long time. The intense gaze drifted from her feet where the pazeb glimmered to her glossy eyes.

When she stood up, he loosened his tie and nonchalantly said,
"Yey kya pehna hua hai? Jao badlo."
(What are you wearing? Go change it.)

Jannat was shocked at his words. He was ordering her like everything was normal and they hadn't been ignoring each other for the past two weeks. She wanted to change too, but now, to hell with it.
"Why would I do that?"

He threw his tie on the bed, walking to the closet to take out his suit,
" Bilkul behuda hain yey kapray. Isi waqt badlo."

(What shameless clothes are these? Change them right now.)

He went inside the dressing room, fully sure that she iwould listen to him but Jannat walked out of the room after holding her clutch.

////////////