Chp. 17

“It’s fifty, but it’s worth it.”

“Yea cause it’s not a very big bag, but I’ll take your word.”

I held out my hand, allowing the cash to be exchanged as I slipped the baggie into his jacket pocket. I nodded, “Paper’s in there too, for the rolling. Keep it by word of mouth, I don’t want any athletes coming to me, understand?”

He nodded, walking off as I walked away from the bathroom door and down the hall to return to History. I had gotten out of class to meet the kid, so I only had eight more bags to sell. The word would get around quick, but I hated doing it.

The only reason I was doing it was because I was low on cash and Ross promised me a big cut. I was just praying that this shit didn’t turn bad.

Then as I rounded the corner I ran into Emma, someone who I hadn’t expected to see during fourth hour. I smiled, “Emma.”

She studied me, tilting her head, “What are you up to?”

I smirked, leaning against the row of lockers, “Nothing, just skipping class. You know, being a bad-ass and all.”

She smiled, “Yea, real sexy Sam.”

I leaned forward, whispering, “I could bring you to the upstairs bathroom and we could smoke, if you’re really feeling brave.”

At this moment I touched her arm, and to my surprise she didn’t retract it away from me. I smirked, knowing I was giving her a good sight that I was interested, even though I was convinced Emma and I had a little something more going on.

I watched her lick her lips, then bite her lip as she continued to play along, “I like bad boys and all, but Sam you’re not a boy, and I told you I can’t smoke.”

Gosh she looked so fucking good right now, with her light brown eyes that were taking me in, and her long light brown hair with a hint of blonde. I moved in closer, continuing to jokingly flirt with her, “Yes, we’ve established I’m a girl, but you said you’d marry me, Emma. Don’t be trying to divorce me already.”

She laughed at this and covered her mouth, looking way too irresistible in the moment. I wanted to kiss her so bad it hurt, but I wasn’t sure this was the time. Especially out here in the hallway while class was going on.

She sighed heavily, “Sam, you’re going to get me in trouble.”

I shrugged, “That’s my job.”

She bit her lip again as she leaned against the locker looking at me, “You’re gonna be at practice today, right?”

I nodded, “Of course, it’s my community service for Miss Adams.”

She smiled, nodding, “I gotta go back to class, and you do to! You better not skip anymore Sam, you hear me?”