Chp. 31

~ ~ SAM’S POV ~ ~

After I had left Megan’s classroom with guns-a-blazing I hadn’t wanted to come back for practice but I knew I had to. I had responsibilities now that I didn’t want anymore, responsibilities that were practically forced upon me because of Megan.

I wanted to hate her, I really did, but I couldn’t. Sure, I was mad with her because of the way she was treating me but I couldn’t bring myself to hate her. I knew she was ignoring me for her own sake, and no matter how selfish it was I knew it was for the best. We had gone too far the other night and she was distancing herself now, to prevent anything going on any further.

I just wanted her to fight for me for once.

Did I really just think that?

I rolled my eyes as I resumed picking up the Tee’s and balls from hitting practice, knowing I would have to go home later. I didn’t want to because Megan would be there like she always was, but on second thought I always wanted to see her. It was so conflicting that it annoyed the shit out of me.

I glanced over at Megan who was speaking with one of the underclassmen and wondering what exactly was going to happen to us. I wanted her but at the same time I didn’t, because I knew it would only cause more drama than we needed.

Oh, and I had a girlfriend.

I stacked the Tee’s and balls neatly into the shed, making sure none of the buckets tipped over and spilt because I didn’t want to have to pick up anything else. I was ready to go, and Emma was waiting for me.

Then as I went to turn around I felt a manly, but not-so-manly chest block my path, and I looked right into the ugly eyes of Shay.

I rolled my eyes, “Get out of my way.”

She smirked, “Make me, equipment bitch.”

Then she kicked a bucket of balls over, spilling them as they rolled all over the shed.

I felt the rage inside my chest build, and I usually knew how to keep my cool but I couldn’t now. After everything that I had to go through the past several days I just couldn’t contain my frustration anymore.

And I had been wanting to hit Shay.

I grabbed her shirt and shoved her away from me, watching angrily as she lost her footing and fell onto her back in the damp grass. I heard her say something to me but all I could see was red, and I was ready to hurt this girl.

That was until I heard my name, “Sam!”

But it was too far, and Shay was coming right for my face as she closed in on me. I grabbed her wrist as she tried to strike me, and hitting her right in the stomach with my other hand.

Then I had arms pulling me off of Shay as I watched Megan guide Shay away from me to safety, because I was prone to kill the girl.