Chp. 21

“You offered to be Megan’s fake girlfriend?! Are you insane Sam?!”

I just looked at Blair, knowing she was actually kind of right. It was a stupid idea to pitch to her whenever she was already having a hard time with everything else, but it was instinct, and I wanted to help. She had my pity, and the least I could do was help her give this Nikki the idea to grow up and let Megan move on.

I knew how girls like Nikki worked, mostly because I was pretty similar to Nikki in a lot of ways.

I responded to Blair as I continued working on my third hour’s assignment, “She didn’t turn down the offer, but she also slammed the door when she left. So I’m not sure how to take her response.”

Blair laughed to herself, “She probably considered it, and then got mad at herself for considering it.”

I smirked, “I’m hard to turn down.”

“Sure you are.”

I looked at Blair, flicking my hair behind my shoulder and smiling seductively, “Remember how I lured you in? You had a really hard time trying to turn me down, and then you failed in the end.”

Blair held up her hand, “I was also sixteen.”

“And really horny.”

“I thought we agreed to never talk about that night again?”

I smiled, enjoying pushing Blair’s buttons, “I don’t remember that, but fine. I was just making a point.”

“Ok, well point made, let’s just try to avoid the past and think of the future.”

I sighed, “I was just trying to help, you know? I mean, she used to love this girl, and Nikki sounds a lot like me. Which means Megan’s still feeling something for her and wants to end it, but Nikki makes that impossible by constantly reaching out to Megan whenever she’s in town.”

“Lesbian drama, I swear.”

I snorted, “Don’t act like you don’t like it.”

“You’re right, it’s so juicy.”

I continued, “Point is, Megan’s tired, and she’s having a hard time. The least she should have to worry about is her ex-girlfriend that refuses to let her have closure.”

“You’re right.”

Wait, what? Did Blair just agree with me?

I looked at Blair with a confused face, “I’m right?”

“Yep, Nikki sounds like a real bitch, and who’s better than you at beating someone at their own game?”