Chp. 66

~ ~ ~ ~ SAM’S POV ~ ~ ~ ~

“The rest of this school year is flying.”

I looked over at Blair who was shoving her book back into her booksack, knowing the bell was about to dismiss me to Megan’s class. I nodded in agreement, “Yea but it’s not flying fast enough.”

Blair smiled, “Can you believe April’s nearly over? Already! I can’t wait to get out of this shit-hole.”

I thought about Megan and how since Tampa everything had been near perfect. It was different of course because now we weren’t together all the time like we had been in Tampa but it was still okay.

I was just ready to get the hell out of high school.

Blair pulled me out of Science and down the hall towards Megan’s class, allowing me to snap out of my daydream. She spoke, “Just a few more weeks till freedom. You can do it.”

I tugged my booksack against my back as I walked swiftly down the hall, eager to see Megan. We hadn’t hung out in a while considering there was school and I had work most of the weekends but I was trying hard to make time for us. I just enjoyed her class because I got to stare at her for an hour without it being considered weird and suspicious.

I sighed, “I’m just ready to be free of Megan’s classroom already. It feels extremely weird to be her student Monday through Friday.”

Blair laughed, “No kidding.”

Then as we rounded the corner I saw Megan come into view, her tight skinny jeans complemented with her converse and school T-shirt. Considering it was Friday teachers tended to dress down, which I loved on Megan because she looked super sexy in her casual attire.

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and a familiar voice in my ear, “Sam!”

I looked at Becca, seeing her familiar light eyes taking me in as I came to a halt, not wanting to get too close to Megan with Becca around. Although Megan and I had a pretty clear understanding over me hanging out with other girls I could tell she was still jealous, I just wished she would understand I didn’t want anyone else.

And that included Becca.

Blair eyed Becca curiously as she looked at me, “Text me when you get out of class, kay?”

I nodded, “Sure.”

Then my attention was on Becca but I could see Megan out of my peripheral, who was eyeing us as she stood at her door. Becca smiled, “I never see you anymore since softball ended.”

I smiled, “Yea I know, but honestly I’m glad it’s over. I have more free time.”

She smirked, “That was the point right? It was supposed to be a punishment, but it kind of wasn’t considering you got to spend hours and hours with a bunch of girls.”