Chp. 36

After a long Tuesday of Emma ignoring me and forcing me to pretty much hang out with Megan all day, in the end I was grateful. It wasn't often when Megan and I were on good terms, so when we were I liked to live in the moment as long as possible. And as much as I didn't want Megan to leave my place, I knew it would be the best situation for the both of us. We were both developing feelings neither one of us should have, and suppressing them whenever the other was around almost 24/7 was near impossible.

Hence all the kisses we had shared.

I wasn't quite sure what was happening between me and Megan, or what I wanted from her, I just knew what she made me feel. The fact that I could love and hate her at the same time was confusing, but why did I have a little hate for her in the first place?

Oh yea, because she's stubborn, she's obviously hard to get and out of my league, and she has a tendency to be a total bitch to me. She is the only person I ever knew to this day that could get under my skin, and the fact that she had forced my darkest secrets out of me within four months had driven me insane.

But the pros obviously outweighed the cons with Megan.

She was a woman, for one, and she was the most beautiful person I had ever met in my short nineteen years. Not only was she beautiful on the outside, but on the inside too, because she was gentle and strong at the same time. She was passionate and driven, and when she wanted something she went and got it. And I could go on forever, but she was the only one that made me feel something again, the only one who had broken the shell I had built around my heart, and she would possibly never ever know that.

Which was bitter-sweet.

After hauling most of Megan's things she had stored at her house we ended up back at my place, and even though I felt fairly comfortable with her, there was this silence neither one of us wanted to break.

It was a comfortable silence, not an awkward one, but the more she sat at the counter sipping on a glass of red wine the more tempting it became to talk. I wanted to talk to her all the time, but currently I didn't know what to say, mostly because I just wanted to flirt with her.

And she obviously didn't let that happen often.

Eventually I mumbled from the couch, "What you doin?"

She looked at me from the table, shrugging, "Organizing my curriculum for next week."

"Boring."

She just stared at me, "Well, you look pretty boring yourself."

I smiled, "Trust me, I'm anything but."

She continued, "What's Blair up to?"

"With her boyfriend."

"And Emma?"

I looked down, "Ignoring me."

Megan nodded, "I don't blame her."

I rolled my eyes, "Jeez, you're just too sweet."

She smiled, "Anytime."

I stood, walking over to where she was sitting and leaning on the counter, looking right at her. The more I studied her the more I felt compelled to touch her, and to be honest, I loved looking at her.

She eyed me from behind her laptop and spoke, "What are you doing?"

"Wondering why you're working on your days off."

She stopped typing, shut her computer and crossed her arms on the counter, leaning forward. She smiled, "Because Sam, I'm not a procrastinator like you. I like to get things done as soon as possible."