Chp. 19

“So Megan’s moving in? For real?”

I nodded, glancing at Blair as I continued to drive towards my house. It wasn’t that I was against Megan moving in, because for some odd reason I didn’t mind. I just felt awfully nervous about it, because I felt in the pit of my stomach that something weird was going to happen.

Blair exhaled a deep breath, “Can I move in with you?”

“Absolutely not.”

“I think it would be fun.”

I looked at Blair, shaking my head, “I don’t believe you and I will ever be roommates.”

She groaned, “Yea, you would be a shitty one.”

“I would not.”

“Would too, I mean, have you seen your room?”

I rolled my eyes, “Everything has a place, don’t hate on my room.”

“Yea, everything has a place on the floor.”

I laughed as I rolled up to my apartment, stepping out of my car and leaning against the bumper. I placed a cigarette between my lips, lighting and inhaling quickly.

Blair groaned, “You need to stop that.”

“You need to stop trying to be my mother.”

She punched me in the arm as I blew a huge cloud of smoke into her face, causing me to laugh. I don’t know why I had picked up smoking cigarettes, but whenever I thought about Megan I got really anxious. Usually the cigarettes helped with that feeling.

Too bad I couldn’t smoke in her classroom.

Blair eyeballed me, and soon I began to grow uncomfortable under her glare. I spoke, “Why are you looking at me like that?”

She shook her head, “Just trying to figure out how we’re going to get you to hook up with Megan.”

I rolled my eyes once more, feeling annoyed that she had brought her up again, “Blair, I’m not hooking up with her.”

“But Shawn’s not either! So what’s stopping you?!”

“Um the fact that she’s my teacher you idiot! It’s already weird enough we’re going to be living together for a little while, much less fucking.”

“Oh don’t act like you look at Megan like a teacher, we all know that’s not true.”

I shrugged, finishing off my cigarette, “I don’t, but it’s reality. And as much as I would love to fuck her, I can’t. It’s actually kind of illegal.”