Chp. 65

~ ~ ~ ~SAM'S POV~ ~ ~ ~

"Oh look at that one!"

We were currently at the Pride Parade where there seemed to be hundreds of floats and crowds of people walking down the streets of downtown Tampa. It was really amazing to see how all of these different people were supporting the LGBT community out and about in the open.

It restored just a bit more faith in humanity.

Megan wrapped her arm around my waist, cheering as people passed and I felt my heart flutter inside my chest. There were so many things I wanted to tell her but I wasn't sure how to put it into words. I wanted her to know I cared about her; I wanted her to know I appreciated her, and I wanted her to know every little thing that was going on in my head but didn't know how to say it.

I didn't want to freak her out either.

Floats passed, filling the streets with awesome music and cheering as they waved and continued down the street. I really loved the fact that I had gotten to experience something like this with not only Megan but my real family. Blair and Shawn were here as well, supporting me and enjoying the moment.

There was nothing more perfect than this.

It didn't take long for the parade to end and the crowd to start dispersing into the shops and the bars they had lined along the street we were on. It was like a huge street block party, and they had people who were dressed in so many different outfits it was a bit overwhelming.

But it was amazing all in the same sense.

The fact that people could be themselves, even if it was for a weekend, was a great feeling. We began walking down the street but that was until I felt hands on me, pulling me into a tent that was set up for what looked like face-painting.

"Honey you need a bit of color to show your Pride spirit!"

I was shoved into a seat, and I looked up into the faces of my four friends who were smiling and laughing to themselves. I felt the coldness of the paint press against my warm skin, and watching Megan's warm eyes study me made my heart scream.

I loved when she looked at me like that.

It didn't take long for the lady to finish but she handed me a mirror before I left, "Have a look!"

I looked into it, seeing a rainbow flag painted on my cheek and the word PRIDE painted on the other. I looked at her, smiling "Thanks."

"Have a good time today!"

We left the tent and Megan smiled, "Now you look like you fit in."

I rolled my eyes, "Why did you make me be her canvas guinea pig?!"

She kissed my forehead and laughed, "Because I liked my makeup today and didn't want her to mess it up."

I laughed silently as I held her hand tighter; only to have someone else approach us with a tray of what looked like rainbow shots. The guy spoke, "You guys look thirsty."

The five of us picked each a different color shot and downed, Blair cheering in the process as the guy spoke again, "We're having a guest DJ tonight over at FAME, it's the local LGBT bar. You should all come tonight!"

It sounded like a load of fun as we somewhat agreed, causing him to move on to the next group of people. We continued to walk through the shops and eventually we were all sipping on some sort of drink while we browsed through the different tents and stands set up along the street.