4. We're just friends

Sara couldn't stop thinking about last night. She was so enchanted by Will. She decided to make some breakfast to get the thought of them being together out of her mind.

I mean, it's crazy, right? Will is not interested in me. Come on, Sara. Don't fall for him, don't fall for him. I always do this. No. He is probably just polite because I'm new to this country. He could never love someone like me. A fan. I know, he doesn't know. Oh, God. If he knew, he might never speak to me ever again.

As I was munching my breakfast, I heard a knock on the door. It couldn't be? Will, maybe? No one else knows me here. It must be. I rushed to the mirror, to check myself. Pyjamapants, a top and no make-up. Yeah, I looked great. I went to open the door, and there he was. Will Lenney. He looked kind of shocked, but also intrigued by what I was wearing.

"Did I wake you?" He said, with a bit of worry written on his face.

"No no. I just love to go around in my nightwear when I don't have anything planned for the day." I said, hoping he would take the hint.

He laughed. "Me too. Well, if you're not doing anything today, would you like to go to the park, or get something to eat? Or both, maybe?"

"Yeah, sure. I just need to get dressed. You can just wait here. Shouldn't take too long."
Was Will asking me out? I put on the first thing I could find, brushed my teeth and just put some mascara on. Will was sitting and watching football. Figures.

"Okay. I'm ready. Let's go." I said and grabbed my bag. And we went out.

The weather was great. The sun was shining, but it was not too hot outside. Perfect weather for a stroll in the park. We decided to get ice cream, and sat on a bench. I hated having to avoid some topics so he wouldn't know I was a fan of him, but he couldn't know. That would just ruin everything. I'll just have to get him to tell me, so it'll seem like we've met before I knew he was a youtuber.

"So, what do you do for a living?" I said.

"Oh.. Uhm.." Will seemed to be thinking about what to answer. "I'm currently unemployed." He said, nodding. Okay. So that didn't work. Maybe he didn't want me to know.

"So, when do you start as a trainee?" He asked.

"On Monday. So in three days."

"Then you'll meet some more people here, and you don't have to be bothered by my company." He said jokingly, but I felt I could sense some seriousness in this comment. What if I was bothering him?

"I like hanging out with you. We should make this an annual thing. Going out and spending all our money on hot chocolate and ice cream." I jokingly said.

"I think I would become very poor, very quickly. But then we could just cook ourselves." He said and smiled at me like he was waiting for a certain response.

"Oooh, I could cook you a traditional Danish dinner!"

"Why don't you do it tonight then?"

"Okay, but then we'll have to shop for groceries."

"And, you would probably have to cook for George too."

"That's alright. But how come I've never seen this 'George'?" I said, making quotation marks with my fingers.

"He was there last night."

"What?"

"He even came in and got some food from the kitchen. He said to me later that he didn't want to interrupt anything, so that's why he didn't say hi. I can't believe you didn't notice him." He said smiling. Oh, God. I was so distracted by Will, I didn't even notice George's presence. How embarrassing.

We finished our ice creams and went grocery shopping. Ground beef, potatoes, onions and food colouring. I would make the best Danish meal ever. Not that I think he had ever tried a Danish meal before. But still. This was my time to shine.