10. Party Hard

Almost a week had passed. Will had stopped by Sara's a couple of times, but nothing serious. Sara had just got home from work. Today was the day of Brady's party, and Stephanie was coming over in a few, so they could get ready together.

I looked at my phone. Stephanie had texted me.

"b their in 10 hun xx"

I wanted to comment on the lack of proper grammar there was in that text. But I didn't think that's how you maintain friendships. I was going through my closet and trying on some outfits for tonight. Stephanie knocked on the door, and I let her in. We spent about an hour getting ready. But it was more fun than I had imagined. If you look past the bad grammar, the overuse of makeup and the occasional dumb comment, Stephanie was actually a really nice girl. Maybe I shouldn't judge her so hard. We had a glass of wine before driving to Brady's place.

"You know Luke totally fancies you!" She said.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. He's been telling everyone that he's going to get with you tonight."

"I really don't see that happening." I laughed. I didn't want to imagine, what scenarios Luke had created with me and him as the main characters.

"What? He's hot."

"Then why don't you do him?"

"Me and Brady have this thing, where we hook up at every party. So I think that's what I'm going for tonight."

"Well, I'm glad you're getting some." We laughed.
We finished our wine and exited the flat. And we happened to meet George and Will in the hallway.

"What are you so dressed up for?" Will jokingly said.

"If you must know, I have obtained a social life and we're about to go to a party with some other trainees." I jokingly said.

"Alright then. Call me if something happens alright?" Will said.

"Don't worry. I have Stephanie here, by my side, then nothing can happen." I said.

"Have a great time then." Will said.

Stephanie drove us to Brady's place. Apparently, he was still living with his parents, because we arrived at this enormous castle of a house. Stephanie grabbed my hand and we went inside. The place was filled with people, but Stephanie quickly found Brady. In seconds, Brady and Stephanie had vanished to upstairs. So the only person I could chat with was Luke. Great.

"Hey! There's room for one more next to me." Luke said, waving me over. I rolled my eyes but went over there anyway. He might be a nice guy. Maybe I've just misunderstood his intentions.

"Wooohohow! You look fit!" Luke said as I sat down.

"Thanks. I guess."

"Oh. Don't play hard to get." Luke said jokingly.

"Trust me. I'm not playing." I said jokingly. Was this considered flirting?

Luke and I chatted for a while and turns out he isn't the schmuck I thought he was. He just has a really big mouth and is not the sharpest tool in the shed, so he just says whatever comes to his mind. And he always made sure I had something to drink. We went out to a local club, and we had a blast, actually. I felt very accepted in their clique. When it became harder to walk and my blood had turned into alcohol, I decided it was time for me to go home. But I didn't bring enough money for a cab, so I had to walk. I took off my heels with difficulty. I ignored the comments guys made as I walked home. I got to the stairs. I felt like this was the biggest challenge of my life. My legs were so heavy, and every step felt like a mile. I wanted to see Will. I should visit him. He'll love a visit from me at this time. I tried looking decent and standing still as I knocked on his door.

"Sara? It's like 4 am, what are you doing here?"

"Heeeeeeeeey, cutie!" I said and stumbled inside.

"Are you drunk?" Will said.

"No. Okay. Maybe a little bit." I said, and tripped over my own legs and landed in the sofa.

"Don't you think it's better if you go to bed?"

"I'm not tired. I want to do something fun. Woooh!" I shouted.

"Please, keep it down. You're waking up George!"

"Sorry, let's go to my place then. And do something fun!" I said and tried to walk over to the door. Will caught me before I fell again, and he carried me to my flat and sat me down at my bed.

"Sara. Will you please go to sleep? For me?"

"Okaaaaaay. For you, then."

"Thanks. Do you need help getting your clothes off?"

"Yeah, you'd like that perv." I said jokingly.

"Look. I'm just trying to help." Will said, with a serious face. Even the drunk me understood that this might not be a good time for joking. So I started undressing and putting on my pyjamas, while Will waiting in the living room.

"I think I did it!" I yelled with much pride because I had managed to take my clothes off. And Will entered the room, finding me reel on the bed, so he laid me down and tucked me in.

"You're so nice. You're like the nicest guy ever. You. are. awesome!" I drunkenly said and pointed at him.

"Right. Goodnight, beautiful." Will said and kissed me on the forehead.

"Please, don't leave me." I said, quite pathetically, and grabbed Will's arm. Will looked confused at me.

"I don't want to sleep alone tonight. Please, just cuddle with me."

"Will you promise me that you'll sleep then?" Will smiled and I nodded enthusiastically. He laid next to me and put his arms around me. I could feel his breath on my neck. This felt so insanely intimate. I felt safe. Will kept me safe. No harm could happen to me, as long as he was around.