chapter 10

s a b r i n a

                            I spent the rest of the night either with Maria or Rafaella. I plan on aologizing to Thiago cause I felt bad. I ignored Neymar the rest of the night and took a taxi back home. It was supposed to be a fun night but I felt bad for Thiago and after my talk with Maria I decided it was enough for a night, I didnt want to ruin their night.

I was in bed and my stomach is in major pain. I barely drank at times because it causes me major stomach pains but last night I drank more than usual. I laid in bed and decided I should just stay home all day.

I wonder what my brother and my parents were doing back home? I missed my family but I know they dont miss me. They hate me for god sakes and wont understand me. Maria was the only person who understood why I really came to Brazil.

I closed my eyes and I felt tears start to stream down my face. I feel so stupid for just crying and I felt weak. I missed them so much but they hate me just because I stood up for what I wanted. I didnt realize I was full on sobbing until I felt my own pillow wet from my tears.

I heard a knock on the door and I just yelled opened because it was probably Maria. I yelled come in and regretted it when I saw it was Neymar. His eyes widened when he saw that I was crying and I quickly wiped my tears with my shirt.

"Sabrina," Neymar slowly peeled the blanket off of me and I covered my face with my hands.

"I dont want you to see me like this," I slowly answered him and he took my hands off my face.

"It's okay to cry Sabrina," Neymar spoke.

"Crying just makes people look really weak and I dont want you to look at me like the wimp I am." I quickly wiped the tear threathning to escape my eyes.

"Crying doesnt mean youre weak. It shows that you been strong for too damn long." Neymar pulled me into his chest and I started to sob. I wasnt treated like this ever in my life.

"You can tell me whats wrong." Neymar added.

"You'll think I'm stupid." I answered and looked down to my hands.

"No I wont now tell me." Neymar said and I sighed.

"Back home I wasnt really allowed to do anything at all. I lived with my family in this huge house. It was my older brother Jace, my mother, my father, my two aunts,  my grandparents, and three cousins. It was about nine people living in a house together but I was the youngest out of everyone. I was raised to be the perfect daughter and basically aranged everything in life for me. Since I was the youngest my brother would always push me around and treat me like crap. My parents prefered him over me for some reason. When I reached the age of 18 I was introduced to this guy named Robert and I didnt really like him. He was the biggest jerk to me and would always treat me like garbage with my brother. My brother and him knew something that I didnt though and wouldnt tell me. Six months after my 20th birthday we had a family gathering and Rob had to come for some reason. That day I realized my parents literally aranged everything for me. Rob was always the perfect boy in their eyes but only I saw the real him. My parents arranged a marriage for me and it was Rob who I would marry. My parents were all happy and I screamed what and why. It was all Jace idea and he was the one who introduced them to Rob and who told them that i would be the perfect person for him. IT was him who arranged the marriage with my parents. I decided I had enough of my family and I stood up for what I believe in."

Neymar wiped one of my tears with his thumbs and I continued the story.

"I admitted everything I felt and my biggest fear which I think you should know. I'm afraid of being in a relationship. I dated this guy secretly and his name was Audie. He was like a huge bad boy and I was 15 at the time and he was 18. I know stupid but I was a hopeless chick back then. I was really in love with him but he left me for some stupid barbie. I realized that I was afraid of settling down with someone and being with them. You either marry or break up with the person and I didnt want to take the chance of dealing with another broken heart. Thats why with you I try to distance myself at times but something about you."

"Sabrina if you dont want to continue you dont have to." Neymar told me but I shook my head.

"I stood up for myself and told them no. I told them I had enough of them arranging everything in life for me. That I should be free to do what the hell I want. That I should be able to do stuff and that I wanted freedom. I wanted my freedom to do many things in life. I said I didnt want to marry him and I got into a huge fight with my brother that day and he called me many awful things. That I was a disapointment. I thought my parents would of understood me but I was wrong. Jace was always there favorite and they agreed with him. It was either I marry the guy or I leave. My mother and fathers words were 'Joanna Sabrina Montero, you either marry this wonderful man or get out of this house. I would not have my own blood betray on us and bring disgrace to this family. What is your choice?' and I stood shocked in my place and couldnt believe what I heard. If I left I would have left with nothing. I went with my heart and left."

Neymar pulled me into a tight hug and soft sobs left my mouth.

"The minute I walked out that door I was a disgrace and garbage to my family. I wasnt there daugther to them anymore. I was a no good slut to them from what my dad refered. I was kicked out with nothing but the clothes I had on. Luckily, that night I sneaked back in and sneaked into my room. I grabbed a backpack I had and packed things I would need the most. I packed money and some clothes and an old album I had of pics. It was night and i had no idea where to go and thats where I found my best friend Maria. We were friends in high school but not as close as now. But she took me back to her place and let me stay. I got a job quickly and helped Maria out with everything. I met Thiago when I was 15 too and that was when I was friends with Maria though. He lived here in Brazil and she lived with her aunt before getting her own place. Now? I know nothing from my family but here I am crying to you" I finished and Neymar held me tight.

"Its alright Sabrina I'm here for you now." Nemar rubbed my back and I just smiled into his chest.

"Youre the second person I told." I chuckled and Neymar kissed my cheek.

"Has your family tried to get in contact with you?" He asked.

"Yes, Rob has got into contact with me once asking for me to think about the marriage and come back and he said he loved me. I just laughed at it. I know they are a big fans of soccer since my mom is peruvian and father is brazilian. They are probably watching the games so whenever the camara points at me I will point the middle finger and prove to them I dont need them. I do miss them but they hate me." I sighed.

"By the way you said they called you Joanna Sabrina Montero?" he spoke confused.

"Joanna is what you can say my real name but I go by Sabrina." I told him and he nodded understanding.

"We should prove to your parents that you're doing amazing without them." neymar suggested.

"How would we do that?" I asked.

"Sabrina, I'm crazy about you and I only known you for a couple days but I'm going to ask it anyways. Sabrina would you go out with me?"

authors note; he finally asked it woah. i feel this book is lame and im going to see how it is going to go now but hey vote.