Chapter 14: Let it Be

(Victoria)

As one would expect, I did not take losing the election very well. Neither did my parents. They were both upset that I didn't win. They were just like, "I knew you were going to lose. I knew it. I knew Sophia was going to win because she's so much better than you." My brother, however, was really understanding. He was like, "Shake it off, Vic. You'll be fine."

Everyone says that I've got really bad parents, but I know their strict nature is only for my benefit. I know they want me to grow up to be successful, and I know that they love me a lot. When I got home from the assembly, I just sat in my room and didn't come out for a really long time. I did so for the next couple of days. I also avoided Alison. 

I'm really mad at her for telling me all of these fake rumors. I know she's really apologetic, but I'm still really mad. I hate being lied to. Intentional or not, I hate it. I know, I'm a hypocrite. I know I shouldn't be saying it when I lied to the whole school about Sophia. I really shouldn't be talking, I know. I'll shut up. 

The day after the election, I got dirty looks from everyone. I was trying to avoid everyone. But the three people I was especially trying to avoid were Ray, Sophia, and Alison. I can't face them. I already shed bad light on Ray and Sophia. I really can't make anything worse. Can I?

Anyways, I'm trying my best to just live life after the whole election mess. It's not that long after the election, and I'm sitting in my first period, depressed like hell. 

Our English substitute comes up to us and says, "Heads up guys. There is an assembly today. Raymond and Sophia want to tell you guys something," she says. Well, I don't know what this assembly is going to be about, and I don't want to know. 

Is this going to be about bullying or something? Please don't make me go. Stomach, please vomit everything that I have eaten in the past several hours. Please make me go home sick. Please, please, please.

Finally, the assembly comes, and I don't want to go. I'm forced to. I really have no other choice. When you're in my life, choices are limited. When we start piling into the auditorium, Sophia was standing there in the middle of the auditorium with Raymond, with a really serious look on her face and a band-aid on her neck. It's a lot more serious than usual. 

When she's around me, Sophia is generally very serious. But today, she seems like she really needs to get something off of her chest. I can tell it's good. When Sophia has to break bad news, she has this look in her eyes that is like, "I'm about to cry waterfalls. Bear with me."

I don't understand what she has to say. It can't be that bad, can it? Either way, I wonder what she has to say. Once we are all settled down, Sophia turns on her microphone. 

"Good morning everyone. Before we start, I just want to say that please bear with me on this. It's a really serious topic," she says. She then hands the mic to Ray.

"Sophia wants to talk about something that we should all be aware of. We should speak up about it too," Raymond says, and hands the microphone back to Sophia. After receiving the mic, she takes a deep breath.

 "Murder. It's one of the worst things that a human could do to another. People don't often take into consideration that the person whose life they are taking has a family. They don't consider the fact that they are someone's child. Someone's sister. Someone's brother. Someone's grandchild. And that's what really upsets me ," she says. 

Ok, this is a bit strange. I never imagined that Sophia would bring up this topic. "It's disgusting that people that are so close to others can willingly assault others with no shame. It really is. And that is why I'm here. I was almost a victim of murder," she says.

Oh crap. This isn't good. This is not good at all. "I was almost murdered by one of your peers. I was almost met with that unfortunate fate. But I was saved by an amazing person. He goes by the name of Raymond Richards," she says. Wow. I'm impressed. 

"If it weren't for Raymond, I don't know what I would do. Ray is a hero. Ray is someone to be commended," she says. Everyone claps, cheers, and whistles. I clap for Raymond. I can't believe he would do that. He's so sweet. But the thing is, I need to stop focusing on Raymond. I really think that I've gotten too obsessed. So I think that it's time to do what I should have done long ago. 

Move on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's about time. Do you think it's finally time for Victoria to move on? Let me know your answer in the comments.

Hello my dear readers! It's me! How are you all doing? How's life? How are you liking this book? I have something to ask you guys. I'm really thinking of doing a Q&A chapter. If you guys agree, let me know and ask me questions! Like I said in the first chapter, it can be about me in general, or about I Never Imagined. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! Let me know of your opinion of I Never Imagined.

Please vote/comment/share/follow/message if you like my work! Have a great week! I'll see you all next Sunday with another chapter!

Love you guys,

S.V.T.S