Chapter 27: The Circle of Misunderstandings

In the world of humanity, confusion is one of the worst viruses out there. It's also probably one of the most contagious viruses. Anyone even slightly infected with the virus can spread it to the most clueless person. And it's not even good most of the time.

The outcomes are pretty bad. Not to mention the symptoms. One of the symptoms of confusion is anger. You can't handle it and you just explode because you can't understand anything that is happening around you. You'll want answers, but you won't know who to trust. And it drives you insane. You're left feeling like the dumbest person on the planet. Confusion often triggers the worst emotions known to mankind. Anger, distrust, and sadness. All those emotions were triggered in me. I just didn't show it.

    As soon as Ray leaves, I feel destroyed inside. He saw it. He saw me kissing him. I never got to explain who it was and why I was kissing him. But all I knew is that I felt awful. Even though I have a perfectly good explanation. I needed to give Ray some space. He needed time to cool off before I can go and explain everything to him. He's at breaking point. Anything and everything could trigger him. So it's best to stay away.

    Once I'm done eating, I go to the library and start to look through my AP Chemistry notes. I need to start studying because I can't risk lowering my grade at all. If I do lower my grade, Donaldson may offer some extra credit. Yeah, not happening. As I'm reading my AP Chemistry notes, Sonia comes up to me.

"Hey, Sophia. You just ran off. What happened?" Sonia asks. I sigh. "Is everything okay?" she asks. "No. I feel awful. I feel like total crap," I say. Sonia sits down. "Trouble in paradise?" she asks. "You could say that, I guess," I say. "You know you can tell me anything. I won't kill you for it," she says.

I raise an eyebrow at her. "Not taking any chances, Sonia," I say. She rolls her eyes. "Just spill please," she says. I sigh. I tell her about everything that happened. "Is he for real? Do I need to give him another slap?" Sonia asks. My eyes bug out.

"You slapped him? What the hell is wrong with you?" I ask. "Nobody has the right to talk to you like that. Especially Ray. I just thought I would slap some sense into him. Literally," Sonia says. I laugh. "Well, thank you for that. But I think I'm perfectly capable of handling situations like this by my own," I say.

"You're welcome. That black belt really came in handy," she says. "Yeah, you're only first degree. Ray is fourth degree. I'm surprised he didn't do anything to stop you," I say. "It was by total surprise. Plus, I think he got what he deserved," she says. "I just hope you didn't hurt him that bad," I say.

"I didn't. But I still can't believe he wouldn't let you tell him who Matthew was," Sonia says. "I'm surprised he didn't recognize Matthew. I could have sworn that they had met before," I say. "Maybe he forgot. But anyways, did you talk to him anytime after that?" Sonia asks. I shake my head. "No. Not a word. He was already at breaking point with anger. I didn't want him to explode," I say. Sonia smiles. "I've taught you well, Sophia," she says. I smile back. "I learned from the best," I say.

    Eventually, my day goes by in a flash. I still don't speak a word to Ray after he accused me of cheating. I would never, in all my years alive, cheat on Ray. He is one of the best things that ever happened to me. I would never have the heart to.

Eventually, I drive home and  open the door. The house is quiet, which is pretty unexpected. I walk in and  drop my backpack. It's been a really long day. I just want to go to my bed and collapse on it. "You home, Sophia?" my uncle calls. "Yes, uncle Rafa," I yell. My uncle Raphael comes walking in. A big smile is plastered across his face.

"How was school, Sophia?" he asks as he hugs me. I sigh. "Oh gosh, it was awful," I say, and he lets go of me. "Sit down. Tell me everything," he says, sitting down on the couch. I sit down. "Long story short. My boyfriend thought I was cheating on him with Matthew. He didn't take the news so well," I say.