Chapter 22: Her Revelation

(Victoria)

It's never really fun to spend Christmas and New Year's alone, with almost no friends. I had my family, but I wish I had friends to spend it with. The only person I could think of was Lisa. But sadly, she was visiting family in Armenia and Kenya. So I was alone. 

I had David and my parents, but other than that I was practically alone. I didn't bother Ray or Sophia. I let them be for the holidays. In order for me to let Ray go, I had to make sure that I didn't bother them for their break. I let them be.

Christmas has been pretty good. I got a new phone, but I mostly just slept. Not too exciting, I know. But I've been sleep deprived for the past couple of weeks. This kind of gave me some relief. 

Honestly, I'm just waiting for Lisa to come back. I've just been so lonely without her. She doesn't come back until Friday, and it's Tuesday. I'm going to be lonely for the rest of the dang week. Hooray.

I haven't seen much of Sophia lately. It's odd. She is always outside, talking with our friends or taking a run with Anthony. I don't know. I also wonder how Ray is doing. He hasn't texted me in the past week. 

Yes, I said I moved on, but he hasn't told me if I've been forgiven. He always makes up his mind really quickly. He only takes one or two days to decide on forgiveness. I guess I'll have to wait. Like they say, good things are worth waiting for.

After days of moping around and complaining, Friday comes. When I get up, I look at my phone, and there is a text from Lisa. "Just landed! Will call you soon! :)," is what it read. It was sent 30 minutes ago. What a great way to start my Friday morning. After eating breakfast and showering, I hear the phone ring. I look, and surely enough, it's Lisa. Without hesitation, I answer the call.

"Hey Lisa! How were Armenia and Kenya?" I ask. 

"Oh they was great! I got to pig out, look at attractions, and spend time with family! How's your winter break so far?" she asks. I sigh. 

"Honestly, it's been so boring. But since you called, it's become a bit better!" I say, and she laughs. 

"That's good to hear! Nothing much been happening?" she asks. 

"Nope, not really. My brother's home, so I can bug him. My neighbor is not coming out a lot, so I can't go bug her," I say. I can feel Lisa nod on the other end of the line. 

"Who is your neighbor, Victoria?" she asks. "Sophia Smith," I say, and Lisa gasps.

"You're neighbors with Sophia Smith?!" she exclaims, like she found out that Bigfoot is actually real. 

"Yeah, I've been neighbors with her for at least 10 years," I say. 

"I am so sorry," she says. 

"What for?" I ask. 

"I'm sorry that you have to be neighbors with a fake-ass bitch like her," Lisa says. I resist the urge to laugh. I'm not Sophia's biggest fan, but honestly, she shouldn't talk about her like that. She really didn't do anything to me. 

"Don't call her that. She's not that bad," I say. Lisa sighs.

"Fine, think what you want. But I've always found her kind of suspicious. She just seems really fake. What do you think?" Lisa asks. 

"I don't know what to think, Lisa," I say. 

"I heard that Ray Richards is dating Sophia. Did you hear?" she asks.

"I haven't. But with everything that's going on, I don't know what to believe," I say. 

"Well, believe it. She is dating a hot guy like him," Lisa says, and I can feel her swooning over the line. 

"I'm honestly so jealous. Have you seen Ray? The guy could light the school on fire because he's smoking," Lisa says, while I facepalm over the cringiness of what she said.

"Plus, I know Ray. I've known him for a while," she says. That's what really surprises me, considering she sounds like she just met Ray a few days back. 

"Wait, you have? How?" I ask. 

"Our moms are both nurses. They work in the same hospital. They're friends and we've met each other before," she says. 

"That's nice. So why are you telling me this?" I ask.

"Because, I know some things that Ray doesn't want getting out. He confided in me because he trusted me. Oh, was he so wrong," she says, with the sweetness in her voice mixing in with a bit of malevolence. 

"The point is, I want you to help me. I hate seeing them together. Don't you? He hurt you by being with your ex-'best friend'. He stabbed you in the back and hurt you. And you still find it in your heart to forgive him and still want to be friends with him? Really, Victoria?" Lisa asks. I sigh. 

She has a point. Sophia was kind of my good friend, and Ray was too. "I kind of get what you mean," I say. "So, do you want to help me? Do you want to show Ray who's boss? Do you want to give him a taste of his own medicine? What do you think?" Lisa asks. 

All these ideas are mixing in my mind. I honestly debate about it for thirty seconds. It takes a lot of thinking before I finally reach my decision.

I take a deep breath, and say, "When do we start?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh no. I sense trouble. Do you think Victoria's digging her own grave? Or did Lisa brain wash her and help her dig it? Let me know in the comments.

Hey everyone! How are you guys? This chapter is short, I know, and I'm sorry. But I didn't want it to be mostly filler. I hope you guys liked this chapter! I don't have a lot to say today, so I'll keep this note really short.

Please vote/comment/share/message/follow if you like my work! See you next Sunday! Have a great week!

Love you guys,

S.V.T.S