Chapter 15: I'm Done

Thank you to @valleygirl_ for the absolutely gorgeous cover! I love it so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took me the assembly that Sophia held to finally realize that I need to move on. I've been dwelling on Raymond for a long time. A little bit too long. 

I've realized that I'm only making his life more and more hard. If I don't want to make his life hell, then I don't need to be involved in it. I need to apologize too. I need to apologize for the hard time that I've given him. And I need to do it right now.

I'm not really sure when is the good time to go and apologize. I share AP history with Ray, but that's the only class that I share with him. Ray and Sophia share AP chemistry and AP Calculus, so she kind of has a shortcut when it comes to things like this. 

But I honestly don't know when to do it. I'm pretty sure that the last person that Ray wants to see is me, especially since I screwed everything up. So when it comes time to go to history, I go. When I get there, Ray is sitting in his seat, copying down the homework we have. 

I go up to him and say, "Raymond, can I talk to you?" He looks up at me with a suspicious look in his eyes, which I expected. 

"Sure," he says, and continues copying.

Once all of our work is done, we have about 5 minutes of class left. I get up out of my chair and walk over to Ray's desk. He looks up at me. 

"What did you want to talk to me about, Victoria?" he asks. His eyes are filled with suspicion. I honestly don't blame him, considering all the things that I've done to make this a mess. 

"I wanted to apologize. I feel awful for doing that to Sophia," I say. The suspicion starts to gradually fade from Ray's eyes. 

"I didn't realize that I could be such an idiot like that. I didn't know what the consequences would eventually turn out to be, and I realize it now. They would include losing you as a friend. And I realize now that losing you as a friend is not worth it over some senseless jealousy," I say. 

Most of the suspicion has faded from Ray's eyes, but a tiny sliver still remains in his eyes. "How do I know whether to trust you, Victoria? You already broke it. How can you restore it?" he says. I sigh. 

"I'm not asking you to trust me again. I'm just asking you to consider my apology. If you can do that, then forgiveness is not necessary," I say, and walk away. I think I did the right thing. I apologize quite a lot, but this one felt a lot better. I feel all warm and tingly inside, like I just met Matt Lanter and he said that I'm pretty. Apologizing has never felt so good. I'm proud of myself.

School passes by really quickly. It's only in 6th period that something is different. Something different catches my eye. I see a girl walk in. And she is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She is of average height, with a perfectly curved body and slightly dark skin. 

Her eyes are dark brown and gentle, like they are to calm you in any way possible. Her lips are wide, full, and rosy pink. Her hair is frizzy and black, and is topped with a pink rose headband. She looks lost, like she is new here. But that is okay. She walks over to the empty desk next to me. 

"May I sit here?" she asks. Her voice is sweet and calming. "Sure," I say. She sits down. 

"I'm Lisa," she says sweetly, with a warm smile to accompany her greeting. I smile. "I'm Victoria," I say. She smiles. 

"It's nice to meet you," she says. "You too," I say. For the rest of sixth period, we are working on a poster that my teacher assigned us to do. We are talking and talking and just having a really good time. It's like she's the best friend I lost years ago and she's finally back to stay. At the end of our talking, Lisa stands up and the next thing you know, the bell rings. 

"Well, I have to go. It was nice to meet you, Victoria," she says. 

"It was really nice to meet you too, Lisa. You're really nice," I say. She smiles nervously. 

"Can I confess something?" she asks, kind of nervously. I nod. 

She leans in, and whispers in my ear, "You are one of the prettiest girls I have ever met." She turns, waves, then walks away. I think I'm blushing. I think my face is redder than a tomato, but I don't care. The self esteem that had just been destroyed is slowly building back up. Things have been changing for me. My friends, my family, my schoolwork, my resume. 

What's next?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that was unexpected. Now, we've met Lisa. She will be important later on. Don't you worry. I can't really think of a question to ask about this chapter. So, I will ask a random question. Who's your favorite character so far, and why? Oh, and it can't be Ray, Sophia, or Victoria. Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Let me know who it is. They can be as major or minor as you want. Let me know in the comments. 

Hey everyone! How are you? How is life? I'm so sorry if the chapters in Victoria's POV are so short this time! I'll make it up to you guys. The next chapter is going to be on the longer side. I promise. Either way, I hope you guys liked this chapter. Let me know your feedback in the comments. 

Please vote/comment/share/follow/message if you like my work! See you guys next Sunday! Have a great week!

Love every one of you guys,

S.V.T.S