Chapter 1.5: In Town Circus

"Aar, aar, aar," Pete mimics, with two chopsticks hanging from his mouth. I look at him, with a weirded out look on my face, with my food filled fork close to my mouth. He's looking around, soaking in the looks of our peers' faces, while doing nothing more than laughing at their state of confusion. 

"Why? Why? You are such a clown," I tell him, as I dig my fork deep into my lunch. Some people are laughing to themselves at this, while others are just avoiding eye contact with either of us. Pete takes the chopsticks out of his mouth, and looks at me with an amused look. 

"Oh come on. You like it. You like how much of a clown I am," he tells me, and I shake my head. I don't say a word, because I'm too tired to argue with him on this. After going through my first few periods, I need something to eat otherwise I will walk around looking like a zombie. 

"Now, where are Sophia and Sonia? I need to ask her if she brought any exotic vodka back from Russia during summer," Pete tells me. I look back at him with a "you're joking," look painted across my face. Pete does nothing but smirk at me even more, and take a napkin from his bag. 

"Uh, you do realize you're underage, right?" 

"Yeah, but what the police doesn't know won't hurt them. Plus, my mom's tequila stash is starting to get boring." I choke on my lunch a little bit, and raise an eyebrow at him. "I'm kidding. But I do want to know how the vodka is in Russia." I roll my eyes, as Sophia and Sonia come and join us for lunch. 

"Phew, glad the first few periods are done with. I need some food, otherwise I will stab someone with the chopsticks that Pete had in his mouth," Sophia tells me, as she opens her lunch bag. Sonia opens hers, and Pete just shoots her an expectant look. Sonia looks at him, with a curious look on her face. 

"Uh, what do you want, Pete?" she asks him, as she takes out her lunchbox. Irritation is woven throughout her gentle voice, which is a facade used to cover up her badass personality. 

"Oh, I just want to know how the Russian vodka is. You went last month, right? And I trust that you're old enough to know what it's like. Tell me. Did you get drunk on the first shot? Did you down the whole bottle?" Pete asks, while the look on his face resembles nothing more than someone who just made a dirty joke. 

Sonia sets her lunch bag down and gives Pete a death defying look. "I'll get back to you when you somehow manage to get to the Mexican tequila locked away in your kitchen. Also, ask me when your mom doesn't catch you and chase you down the street with the chancla, okay?" Sophia snickers a little bit, and Sonia opens up her lunchbox to eat. 

Pete isn't fazed by this, and he continues to eat his lunch. "Okay, I just was curious. Also, did you bring me back a bear from Russia?" Sonia looks at him, with a deadly look in her eye, and she stabs her fork into her lunch. Sophia just sits back a little bit more and continues to spectate the fight. 

"No, they can seriously maul you. And I will do that to you if you don't stop asking me stereotypical questions about Russia, Pete." Pete sinks back like a scared 5 year old. He whimpers a little bit, in an attempt to mock Sonia, while Sophia just snickers a little bit. 

"You know, Ray, you're lucky that you're done with your language credits. I made the really stupid mistake of starting French only in my freshman year. You get a lot of free passes this year," Sophia tells me, in an attempt to halt the potentially deadly altercation that may ensue, as I shrug.

"Yeah, I'm done with language things. The good thing is, I can practice on Pete, Sonia, and you because you're an Italian speaker, while Pete still somehow remembers all the Spanish we learned in those 4 years. Ironic, considering that he couldn't even remember why Capulet threatened to disown Juliet in Romeo and Juliet," I stab, and he just rolls his eyes. Sonia chokes on her food a little bit, while Pete just scoffs.