My Gift to You

Hey everyone! Happy Halloween! (It's 10/31/2018). As you can tell from the title, this is my gift from you. On 10/30/2018, we hit 1,000 reads and 200 votes. That's honestly surreal, and I'm so happy. I decided that the best way to thank you guys was to give you a little reading gift. A few of you guys wanted to know my thought process and my ideas for a few things. So, my best friend nikkivi07 and I sat down together and we compiled 5 things that we thought would be the best. So, this is my gift to you!

How did you come up with the idea of the masquerade ball?

Well, I wanted something to be memorable, but I didn't want it to be a house party or some sort of thing like that. I wanted it to be a bit more... glamorous, I would say. But not only that, I wanted something that would test Ray and Sophia's friendship due to trust levels and misconception. I thought the perfect way to do so was a school dance. And therefore, the masquerade ball was born.

How did you come up with the idea of the bracelet?

I wanted something small, but sweet at the same time. There is a saying that the best things come in the smallest packages. I thought that the idea of a bracelet saying how much Ray and Sophia cared for each other was a great idea. Not only that, it's something that Sophia can wear and she'll always be reminded of how much Ray cares for her.

How did you come up with the characters' physical descriptions?

Well, for Ray, I kind of didn't want to do the brown eyes, brown hair thing. Every girl has something about their mate that they are obsessed with. The most common thing is the eyes. I couldn't decide between blue eyes or green eyes, so I went down the middle. For Sophia and Victoria, I wanted them to be beautiful, but completely different so that Ray would question his preference. (yes I know that's kind of shallow). I made Sophia have the brown hair and brown eyes. I made Victoria have the blonde hair and blue eyes. And so, that's how I came up with their descriptions.

How did you come up with the characters' emotional descriptions?

Well, I wanted Ray to be that guy who was charming, but also had a good heart. Ray is the kind of guy I would expect any girl to fall for. Good looking, sweet, humble, chill. Just everything that any girl could ever want in a guy. For Sophia, she is based off of me slightly. Sophia, like me, plays piano, sings, writes poetry, etc. That's how I made Sophia. For Victoria, it was a little bit tricky. I've gotten comments saying that they actually like Victoria despite the fact she's totally evil. I wanted to make Victoria the mix of someone who is evil and someone who you kind of feel bad for. I wanted to build a character where it would confuse you whether you liked her or hated her. And that's how I made Victoria.

Did you always intend for Ray to get into a car crash?

Honestly, not really. I've mentioned in my profile that I'm a very, very spontaneous writer. One day, while I was finishing up the Christmas chapter, I kind of thought for a few minutes. Again, I wanted something to kind of test the relationship between Ray and Sophia. I just couldn't find the perfect scenario for me to test it. A car crash was the last thing that I had expected. After I couldn't think of anything else, the idea of a car crash popped in my head. I kind of didn't want to do it, but after thinking for a little bit longer, I decided that it wasn't a bad idea and I stuck with it. So no,  I didn't always intend for Ray to get into a car crash.

Well, that's it! Those are the 5 questions that I gave you an insight to! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. And thank you guys again for 1000 reads. I'm still in a state of shock. So anyways, as always, please vote/comment/share/follow/message if you guys like my work! I'll see you all on Sunday with a new chapter of I Never Imagined! Have a great week and have a safe and fun Halloween!

Love you guys,

S.V.T.S