Chapter 23: Baby Steps

I can't believe it. I can't believe it one bit. I can't believe I'm doing this. I can't believe I'm actually going to do this with Lisa. Oh god, what am I digging myself into? This could be so potentially deadly on so many levels. I can't help but wonder what I'm risking at this point. I may be possibly plunging myself into knee deep shit.

I don't even know why I'm doing it. The truth is, I'm not even that mad at Ray. But Sophia needs to realize my pain. She took everything from me. She took all my happiness within a couple of years. I had friends. I had popularity. And I had Ray. Back when I had Ray, I couldn't ask for anything more.

He was my happiness. He was my everything. He was a part of me that I couldn't let go of. But Sophia stepped into the picture and ruined everything. She took away everything. She took away my friends. She took away my popularity. And she took Ray.

The only person who could make me weak at the knees, intentionally or not. The only person who could make me smile by saying anything. The only person who could realize that a friendship can't be misused in any way.

He knew that a friendship should be held close to your heart, and he wouldn't take it for granted. And now, I may lose all of that. I could lose all of those things if I decide to do this. The consequences are so plentiful right now. But I'm taking the risk. It's time to take matters into our own hands. I'm tired of sitting around like a duck. It's time to take action.

"You still there, Victoria?" Lisa asks over the phone. 

"Oh yeah. I'm just getting lost in my thoughts," I say. 

"Ok then. But I'm really glad that you're agreeing to help me with this. It's really time to show Ray who's boss. He needs a taste of his own medicine," Lisa says. I start to doubt myself even more. I mean, Ray didn't even do anything that bad.

I just want to get back at Sophia for ruining my life. "You won't do anything too extreme, right?" I ask. Lisa laughs. 

"Oh, don't worry. It'll just be enough to make Ray completely abandon Sophia for good. She doesn't deserve him. She doesn't deserve a person like Ray," she says. I sigh. I don't have a good feeling about this.

"Oh boy. Well, how do we start?" I ask. 

"Well, we'll start small. Then we'll pull out the big guns afterwards," Lisa says. 

"And how do we start small, may I ask?" I demand. 

"I'm not too sure about that. I'll devise a plan really soon. Don't you worry, Victoria. We'll get the justice we deserve. Justice needs to be served. In the cruelest way possible," Lisa says.

Now she just sounds like a crazed judge. I'm a little bit more afraid for my well being now. "I'm sorry, you sound like you're insane, Lisa," I say. She laughs. 

"I really do, don't I? Well, I'm going to go insane if we don't get this over with. The more I see them together, the more I want to claw my eyes out. It makes me sick sometimes," Lisa says.

"I can't argue with that. I always have to keep a barf bag near me," I say. Lisa laughs. 

"Well, my mom is calling me. I should get going. We'll start planning later," she says. 

"Sure thing. See you later," I say. 

"See you later, Victoria," she says, and hangs up. I hang up the phone and review the whole conversation in my head.

She's basically going to destroy Sophia. I can tell. Whenever they say, "I'm not going to do anything extreme," they mean the exact opposite of what they say. I'm a little worried about Sophia's well being after this. I hope she will still be in one piece. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when my phone buzzes once again. I look, and this time, the text is from Ray.

"Hey Victoria," it reads. I pick up my phone and text back, "Hey Ray." I'm really excited for some reason. Did Ray forgive me? I'm so eager to know if he forgave me. 

"I wanted to say that I don't fully forgive you for the whole voting drama. It's really hard to forgive something that big. But I hope we can start something a little bit new and not try to dwell on the whole mess," the next text reads.

He didn't fully forgive me. But he's willing to start fresh. Kind of. "That would be nice. Thanks, Ray," I text. 

"Sure, Victoria," the next text reads. I put my phone down and I fall back on my bed. That's when reality hits me.

No matter what happens, Ray will still have a slight grudge against me for a while. Like I said, Ray takes friends and friendship really seriously. If you hurt one of his friends really badly, he will have a grudge against you. And Ray is the nicest guy in our grade. If he doesn't like you, then you really did something unforgivable.

I completely embarrassed Sophia for something she really didn't do. Sophia is one of Ray's closest friends, and if not, his closest female friend. She probably dominates me in terms of closeness with Ray. He is never really going to look at me the same anymore. I'm just hoping, with all that dirt I dig up on Sophia, that he'll come to me and everything will be okay.

But I need some good dirt. And I have it. I just can't lose it. My thoughts are again interrupted when my mom peeks into my room and says, "Go outside, Victoria. You need some fresh air." 

I sigh. I haven't really been outside lately because I've been really depressed. Some fresh air would be nice, though. I pull on a light jacket because it's a little bit on the chilly side.

I go out, and the fresh morning air feels amazing against my skin. So crisp, and so refreshing. Then, when I'm near a beautiful flower bed, that's when I see it. I see Sophia talking to our friend, Erica. Of course, she looks good as always. She's wearing old, but comfy clothes, and her hair is thrown into a messy braid.

Erica looks up and she notices me. "Victoria! You finally came out!" she says. She walks over to me quickly. Sophia follows, but with hesitation. 

"How was Christmas?" she asks. 

"It was fine. I didn't do anything special," I say. I put on the best smile I can and look at Sophia. She smiles at me slightly. It's the kind of smile that says, "What's up? I'm trying to avoid as much conversation as I can with you."

Erica goes on and on about how Christmas was with her family. "I got a watch for Christmas! What did you get?" Erica asks. 

"I got some new clothes. Nothing special," I say. 

"What did you get, Sophia?" Erica asks. 

"I got a bracelet and some clothes," Sophia says, beaming slightly. It looks like Christmas was a pretty good time for her this year.

I think to myself, "Those pretty little eyes will be filled with loss after I'm done with you." While I'm looking at Sophia, I can't help but wonder what will become of her after I finish what I'm going to do to her in the next couple of months.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we now see a possible motive as to why Victoria is doing this. Do you think she has a good motive to do this? Let me know in the comments.

Hello hello everyone! How are you all? I know this seems like a filler chapter (again) but we really haven't seen much of Victoria's thought process. We have seen Ray and Sophia's. It's Victoria's turn. And it turns out this was longer than I expected, so hooray? I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Please vote/comment/follow/share/message if you like my work. I will see you all next Sunday with a new chapter of I Never Imagined! Have an amazing week!

Love you guys,

S.V.T.S