*'Like Mother, Like Son'

"Mamma..?"

A young pre-teen's voice stabbed through the quiet balcony overlooking a garden scenery, as an eleven (11) year old Peter Parker-Stark-Strange-Odinson walked out in his pyjamas, to see his adopted mother, Lady Loki, or just Loki, standing near the railing, looking out on the foreign, Asgardian scenery. The woman turned, startled by the sudden disturbance in silence, and sighed softly when she saw Peter in the doorway.

"Peter? Why are you still awake? You know your fathers wants you in bed before eleven."

Loki said gently, taking a step towards Peter. Her yellow cloak dragged across the floor, as the child looked down to the floor.

"I know...I, I just couldn't sleep. I'm scared for Dad and Papa."

Peter whispered, not looking up at Loki. She sighed gently and went to her child, crouching in front of her. She knew he was scared; she was scared for her husbands too, who were still on Earth, or Midgard, as she knew it.

"I know you are, but I'm sure everything will be okay. Come on, since you can't sleep, let's go find something for you to do. I won't tell either Papa or Dad."

The Goddess of Mischief said with a glint in her eye, reaching up to tilt Peter's head to meet her gaze. The child's eyes lit up; this meant he could learn magic from Loki. He loved learning from his parents, whether it be sorcery from Stephen, learning Asgardian magic from Loki, or how to use super high-tech technology like Tony.

"Really, Mamma?"

Peter asked excitedly, grinning. This caused the Goddess to chuckle and nod.

"Of course, Peter. Would I lie to you? To your uncles, maybe. But you? Never."

Loki hummed, as she stood up, smoothing lit her gown, then taking Peter's hand to lead him to the library in the palace that she spent most of her time in with Frigga; she made a mental note to talk to Thor to thank him once more for convincing Odin to allow Loki and Peter to stay to keep Peter safe during the fighting down on Midgard. But things were still tense nonetheless.

"Mamma, when will Papa and Dad come back?"

Peter asked a few minutes later as the two of them walked, and Loki sighed heavily. She knew Peter was just worried and curious, but the goddess had no real answer to give without lying.

"I don't know Peter. I wish I knew...but I'm sure it will be soon. But I'm sure that Papa is doing his best protecting the New York Sanctum, and that Dad is helping him as best he can."

Loki responded assuringly, but she didn't sound so sure. But she tried her best not to worry the eleven year old child; Peter nodded wordlessly at her answer as he looked at the art along the walls of the palace.
At last they had reached the library. Loki opened the door for Peter, who laughed joyously when they entered, and the Goddess smiled fondly down at the child as she watched him climb onto the walls to reach a book.

"Peter, gættu þín, litla kónguló."

Loki warned with a smile, using the native tongue of the ones who worshipped the Norse gods: Icelandic. Translation: be careful, little spider. She had personally taught it to Peter in their spare time, and they would go back and forth with it, even if Tony and Stephen didn't know what they were saying.

"I'm being careful, Mamma, don't worry!"

Peter responded as he came back into the ground, having found the book that he wanted to read and learn from. He handed it to his mother, who hummed in approval.

"I learned from this book when I was a child. You're just like me..."

The trickster Goddess mused, reaching to ruffle Peter's hair. 'Even if you aren't my blood, you're my son. And like mother, you love the study of magic. And yet you remind me so much of Stephen.' She thought to herself, looking out a window as Peter went to go sit down at a table. The scraping of the chair dragged the mother out of her thoughts, and she took the book and set it down on the table.

"Let's begin this evening lesson, shall we?"

-A/N-
Hey guys! It's Roman, back at it again with the writing! I know you guys are probably wondering about the Harry Potter story, but I'm getting there, it's just really rough to draw up motivation and ideas for that story right now. I'm not cancelling it, but right now I just have my motivation set to this sort of story. Quite a few of these chapters are basically going to be one-shots of FrostIronStrange+Peter, let me know what type of scenarios you want to see the characters in!
And as always, stay fresh my guys, gals, and nonbinary pals! Peace out!