Young and Beautiful (StrangeFrost Oneshot)

[A/N- Goddammit I cannot keep promises for the life of me.  Literally. I said I'd update twice a month. I haven't done anything at all this month. Hah. Hope you guys, gals and nonbinary pals can forgive me. ~Roman]

I've seen the world, done it all
Had my cake now
Diamonds, brilliant, in Bel-Air now

Loki thought he had seen everything that the Earth had to offer. He was a god, after all, he had seen every brilliant feature in every city. He was married, and it was a most happy marriage. But as he sat alone, in the study of his late husband, Stephen Strange, he couldn't help but remember the past. For immortality came at a harsh price. Stephen was the only one he had truly loved, and yet he was too selfish to give up his own power.

Hot summer nights, mid July
When you and I were forever wild
The crazy days, city lights
The way you'd play with me like a child

He remembered the eve of the wedding; both men were as nervous as ever, so they decided to take a drive around the city, just to take in the sights. He remembered the multiple anniversaries, the multiple nights of remembering the day they were wed together. Days were much simpler then, when the two would just play with each other, always out of love, of course. Stephen had known what he got himself into, marrying an immortal. But then again, so did Loki. But the question that Stephen always asked, especially as he got older, remained stuck in Loki's head.

Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I've got nothing but my aching soul?

That question made it seem as if Loki would ever get tired of Stephen. Of course he would think that; an immortal, finding love with a mortal? But it wasn't just the sorcerer's determination to love that kept that god of tricks there. Even when Loki had to care for him as the other got older.

I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

That answer was always yes to Loki, even after Stephen's death, sixty-five years after marriage. And it made the ex-doctor know he was special; immortals don't just love anyone, even if they had all the time in the world to. But Stephen knew that Loki would love him, even as his mortal life came to a close.

And now, that era is over, and it would haunt the ever-living being for centuries to come. Loki would never forget Stephen Vincent Strange. But that man was still too stubborn to give up his immortality to see his beloved in the afterlife.
For he would bear that curse, and keep Stephen's memory alive, even if it was just to suffer even more every day he was gone.

[Hope that wasn't too much heartbreak for you guys! I really enjoyed this, particularly with the song Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey. Like it's so good tbh. But I love the cover of this song done by Eli Lib so fucking much.]