Not a Good First Morning at School

A/N: Hey sorry for having a Note at the beginning, but the song above is literally how I feel towards a certain character in this story. Anyway, onto a chapter of the main story here!

While Peter's parents were having their movie day, the teenager was at school. Two nerds ended up finding each other in the hallway.

"Peter!"

Ned cheered out the second he spotted Peter. He grinned widely as Peter beamed.

"Ned!"

The spider-teen shouted in response, as joyful as he could possibly be. He ran up to his best friend and hugged him, having not seen Ned all summer.

"Save any lives this summer?"

Ned asked Peter as he let go of the hug after a couple seconds, grinning widely. Peter chuckled and shrugged.

"I wouldn't consider it to be 'saving lives', but-"
"But your an Avenger. That's what you do, Spider-Man."

Ned interrupted as Peter widened his eyes and tried to shush his friend as they were walking, which made the other teen laugh even more. While they were talking, a certain member of the Avenger's walked up to the pair of boys.

((Trigger Warning: Use of  dead name, transphobia, minor dysphoria))

"Hello, Marilyn. Have a good summer?"

Spoke the voice of none other than Steve Rogers, Tony's ex-husband and Peter's ex-stepdad. Who won't leave him the fuck alone; if he can't talk to Tony, he'll talk to Peter, which is the last thing the teenager wants. Which is why he refuses to be anywhere near Steve Rogers, and why he doesn't do much 'Avenger' work, even if he's been deemed as one by Tony.

The teenager grimaced and froze; he was only a kid when Tony and Steve broke up and hadn't transitioned until much later in his own life. Ned too froze, as he knew that Peter's dead name was a serious trigger for him. And Steve actually knew that Peter was a transgender Male, but absolutely refused to acknowledge such.

"O-Oh, hello, Mister Rogers, sir. What a surprise to see you."

Peter said, a forced politeness coming out of him as he turned around stiffly, his usually happy exterior now expressionless and cool, unyielding of any emotion towards the superhero right now. The teenager refused to make eye contact with Steve, and instead glanced sideways to Ned, wishing that he would help him out of this situation.

"Marilyn, for me it's always a pleasure to see you. I miss you and Tony everyday-"

"No you don't. If you even cared about us you wouldn't have cheated on Dad with Bucky Barnes. And STOP calling me that name, please."

Steve had started to say before Peter interrupted, snapping at Steve angrily. Captain America widened his eyes and frowned, folding his arms against his chest.

"But that's your birth name."

The adult argued, and that's when Ned decided to step in and defend his friend.

"That doesn't matter. That is not Peter's preferred name and you know it. Hell, it isn't even his legal name anymore. 'Peter' is. Now please stop it and just, leave him alone if you won't respect him."

Ned said, surprising both Peter and Steve, but it made the spider-teen have a trace of a smile break on his expression. He was happy that someone was defending him right now. Steve huffed, and left not wanting to cause a scene, leaving the two teens standing alone in the hallway.

"Let's just get to class before the bell rings in approximately thirty seconds."

Peter said flatly, trying to fight off tears now that Steve was gone. Mention of Peter's dead name always triggered a panic attack and it would ruin his mood for the rest of the morning. Ned nodded, and the two of them ran to class, not wanting to be late on the first day.

A/N: Hey guys(gals and nonbinary pals)! It's Roman here. So sorry for not updating but I wanted to have some angst in the main story than writing so many side stories and 'one-shots', lol. I hope you enjoyed this part of the main story; I know Steve seemed a bit off-character and I know some people are Steve fans...but this is usually how I write him and most people are chill with that??? I don't know why, even I feel a bit bad but I'm not much of a fan of MCU!Steve Rogers. But enough of that. I'll see y'all in the next chapter. Peace out!