*It Was My Fault (Part 1)

Author's Note: Hey guys(gals, and nonbinary pals!)! It's Roman! I wanted to give you an idea my friend Kate and I came up with in an rp, and it kiiiindaa fits in with this sort of theme. I know people had requests in the comments and I promise I am going to get to it soon. I just don't know when. But anywhoo, let's get riiiiiight into the...story. 

Trigger Warning: I will post this at the beginning of each part. This story will involve the following potential triggers: verbal abuse, physical abuse, anxiety, panic-attacks, self-harm, and 'cheating'.  Also a bit of sex..so this chapter is a bit NSFW. I will try my best to keep ALL of these to a bare minimum, but all of these triggers will have the potential to appear, and I will let you know when these happen and when they stop so you can skip over these parts without missing too much detail. Or at least so you can skip over the worst of it.

Fake!Stephen (IronStrange, forced!FrostIron)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't know if you're Loki or if you're MY Stephen...I wanna be alone..I can't deal with this anymore. I'm leaving. I'm sorry..."

Tony said, sounding absolutely heartbroken, then turned away from Stephen, who was absolutely silent, and went to the vehicle waiting for him. He didn't know where he was going, but he needed to leave.

"...It was my fault."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOUR MONTH'S BEFORE

October 6th - Stephen's 3'rd POV

It was time to go. Wong needed Stephen for something important at the Sanctum. The one in Hong Kong, to be exact. Stephen didn't want to leave his boyfriend, Tony, or their 'son', Peter. Especially this soon after the Snap was reversed. Things were still so fresh in all three of their minds that a lot of things were triggers and they could be such small things. Tony stood by the doorway with a very exhausted yet worried expression, looking towards his love with his arms crossed against his chest.

"Do you really have to go?"

The billionaire asked softly, his voice nearly inaudible. Stephen sighed heavily and took a few steps forwards the smaller male, proceeding to wrap his arms around him. Tony relaxed a little, like he always did when in Stephen's hold lately.

"You know I have to, Tony. I'm sorry. This isn't entirely my fault."

"I know it's not. I never said it was. I just wish you didn't have to leave."

Stephen and Tony went back and forth while in their embrace, and then the wizard let go of the hug. Looking down at Tony, Stephen gave an apologetic look and kissed the top of his head. Tony looked up at Stephen with a weak smile, with an anxious look in his eyes.

"Please stay safe. For me."

"I will try, my love. I promise."

Stephen said gently, letting Tony know with his sincere expression that he will try his hardest to stay safe, at least for him. And then he let go of the hug, and with after one last kiss goodbye, the wizard exited Stark Tower and opened a portal to leave, leaving Tony alone in the doorway.

"Friday, start the timer."

Tony called out to his AI once Stephen had left. He always timed Stephen from the moment he left to the moment he got home. Call it obsessive, yes, but it was something soothing to him.

"Yes, sir."

And so the timer to see how long Stephen was going to be away has started.

NINE DAYS LATER

Stephen had been away for nine days so far. Luckily, Tony hadn't gone insane yet; mainly he had Peter and Rhodey. But there was someone else who was watching; but not known to Tony. This man was watching, invisible in the shadows, hidden from security cameras and eyes.
Well, he wasn't a man; he was a god. Loki, the God of Mischief to be exact. And the god had his eyes on a certain billionaire.

And Loki wanted Tony. No matter what. Even if he had to shapeshift, the god would do anything to get his way and what he wanted. Anything.