It Was My Fault (part 5)

Trigger Warning: I will post this at the beginning of each part. This story will involve the following potential triggers: verbal abuse, physical abuse, anxiety, panic-attacks, self-harm, and 'cheating'.  Also there WILL BE a significant amount of sex..so this chapter WILL be a bit NSFW. I will try my best to keep ALL of these to a bare minimum, but all of these triggers can and will have the potential to appear, and I will let you know when these happen and when they stop so you can skip over these parts without missing too much detail. Or at least so you can skip over the worst of it.
-
-
-
-
-
"Loki..I'm sorry I didn't recognise you."

It was the morning after 'Stephen' had left Tony alone in the bedroom. Loki had decided to stop being angry with the man, and came to bed to hold Tony after he had fallen asleep, tear stains on his cheeks.
Tony woke up to the warmth, and he smiled sweetly, carefully playing with 'Stephen's' hair. This caused him to wake up, looking up at Tony.

"Good morning, lovely."

'Stephen' said softly, reaching to caress Tony's cheek. The other leaned into the touch, smiling even more. He cuddled closer to the taller, getting his warmth and comfort.

||AN - not me taking months to even write this much so far lmao I'm gonna shit||

"Morning Stephen. I wasn't expecting you to come back.."

Tony murmured, and Loki frowned. He knew he'd been harsh, but he wasn't expecting Tony to say that. Perhaps he should assure that he rarely sleeps angry and will always come back to him.

"Oh, kitten. You know I'll always come back. You never have to think like that."

'Stephen' said gently, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of Tony's head. The smaller man smiled in relief, making a soft noise of approval.
Tony shuddered slightly at the feeling of a barrage of new thoughts replacing more of his genuine time with the real Stephen. And replacing them with Loki, causing the mental barrier of Tony seeing and hearing Stephen instead of Loki to stop working. Tony didn't care. He could feel Loki pressing kisses to his skin, taking his mind away from any questions.

"Lo- Loki, I'm sorry I didn't recognise you earlier this week. Forgive me?"

Tony said quietly to Loki, glancing up towards the Asgardian. Loki smiled softly and booped Tony's nose.

"Of course I'll forgive you, my smart man. I know you couldn't help fall under that sorcerer's spell. I'm happy to have helped free you from that."

Loki lied carefully, sounding as if he was genuinely concerned for Tony's safety.

"That's why you stay with me, here in the tower. I can't let you be turned against me. I love you too much."

The god added, looking down at Tony with a firm but caring look. Tony nodded in agreement, believing that what Loki was saying was right. He felt a sense of embarrassment, "knowing" that Loki had to help Tony get out of a fiasco.

"I'm always gonna be grateful for you loving me. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Tony confessed, which make Loki chuckle fondly.

"Of course you wouldn't. You and I know you're too dependent on me nowadays."

Loki chuckled, reaching with one hand to cup Tony's cheek. Tony blushed deeply and nodded in agreement. He knew that Loki was right.

"I love when you're right, Lo."