*Things We Used To Share - Ironstrange Oneshot

A/N- hey there guys, gals and nonbinary pals- look I'm updating for once! I wanna thank all of you for 10k reads- that means so much to me that you guys are reading this! Also yes, I am a Thomas Sanders NERD if you haven't figured it out yet, and I can't get Thomas' song out of my head so I decided to write an angsty oneshot in regards to this song and Ironstrange.
Hope you enjoy it!

Tony's POV

You can have the toaster
And the PC
Or even my Timothy Green DVD
I'll let you have the couch
And the TV
Hang on to that jacket that you bought for me

Things just didn't work out the way things I had hoped with the wizard. I was so ready to propose, but he said I was too fast for him. I understood, so I decided to hold off on things. The next week I know, we're done and he's moving out of the penthouse. Maybe it was for the best.

"Boss, Stephen is at the door. Should I let him in?"

Friday told me through intercom, and I merely nod. Though I wasn't in the mood to really have human interaction.

"Let him in."

I don't really care
You can keep the things we used to share
But what did you do with my heart?
What did you do with my heart?

My heart ached at the thought of seeing him as he finished packing the rest of his belongings. Though it didn't leave me any happier when I snuck in the jacket he had given me. I couldn't bear with keeping it.
What has he done to me? I lie awake wondering if all of this was my fault, or if things were on both faults.

"Good morning, Stephen."

I try being polite, or at least pleasant, but he doesn't even look at me. But oddly enough it doesn't bother me too much.

"Stark."

Wow, harsh Stephen. Just a nod and last name. Even I'm not that bitter, and I'm not the one who broke up with you. My coffee, however, seems to taste more bitter no matter how much sugar I put into it.

No more fireworks
No more compass
You didn't leave a single butterfly in my stomach
You took my spyglass
No knowin' what lies ahead
Took my warmth at night
But left a dent in my bed

Is this why I can't sleep anymore? Because Stephen left? I used to have a decent schedule- mostly thanks to the sorcerer. It's been three weeks, and yet I can barely get the sleep schedule he had helped me create once upon a time. But even when I try to, there's always the haunting feeling that something isn't right.

It's funny, I don't even feel fireworks or butterflies when I have to be around him. I wonder when he stopped feeling that with- no, don't do that to yourself Tony.

You've stripped me of my pride
That's for the best
But you've also deprived me of a full night's rest
So no more dreams
Where we pull through
And I can't collect my thoughts
'Cause they're still with you

Even Peter is now asking me how I'm doing. We were just working in the lab- I saw something that resembled the gadget I had built for Stephen. It took a while to get my thoughts back together. Is that good? Bad? I don't know. I know I started crying though, even though I don't remember why the tears formed.

You've taken a lot, including my sense of pride and the chances of sleeping properly again, but I didn't think you'd take my sense of focus with you too, even though I haven't seen your face in about two months. Douchebag.

I wouldn't take it back
Even though I feel sore
I meant it when I said
What's mine is yours
But I need to know
Now that we're apart
What did you do
I need to know
Now that we're apart
What did you do with my heart?

People are asking me if I'd ever take Stephen back, even months after the fact that you took what had belonged to you from the penthouse. My answer is always no, because I've come to realise that, while yes, my heart still wants that relationship back, it isn't the healthiest thing for me. Or for you. You obviously weren't happy, though I wish you'd just tell me what I've done wrong. It wouldn't be fair to me, Peter, or you, I guess, to put any of us through a cycle of hopefulness and heartbreak.

"Mister Stark?"

Oh- right. Sorting through photos to put into a scrapbook for Aunt May's birthday. Time for you to get out of my head.

"Kid?"

I look up, I seem to have been lingering on a photo of me and Stephen and Peter for too long and I can feel my eyes were getting watery.

"I found a really good photo. Just the two of us. Taken recently I think."

The kid sounds excited, which causes me to smile. Even if you're not here in my life anymore, I know I can be happy.
I guess I can move on after all.

What did you do with my heart?

[887 words-]