No Pill, Just Him. - Johnny X Nightmare Disorder!Reader

(I chose this image and because my vision is not 20/20, I thought the subtitles said 'We'll eat children. Being a conchshell' instead of 'We'll get evidence. Bring a camera' while trying to look for Johnny's face. o-o? nani de fuck)

Ever since I was 10, I've had nightmares, lots of them.

It never went away, you'd see me every day with black, dark circles on my eyes, making me look like a zombie.

I've tried different medications, but sadly none of them worked. My friend Johnny, well... I thought of him sometimes, and I'd occasionally get something good out of the thought of him. I liked him, and by that I meant as in like-like him.

This type of Nightmare Disorder was more than just a typical disorder. It was just a giant loop inside my head, filling me with torturous dreams I got used to. It was completely different.

Again, ever since the age of 10, I woke up to another typical nightmare right before my alarm went off. We were allowed to wear our comfortable clothes since it's winter.

 We were allowed to wear our comfortable clothes since it's winter

(Or whatever floats your boat you go with what you like uwu)

"Hey, Y/n." My friend Mandy knocks on the door softly. "Is everything ok?"

"I-..." I sigh. "I don't know, Mandy...I'm so tired of these stupid fucking nightmares." I pull my sweater down and lift my leggings up.

"It sucks that bad?" She sits down on my bed.

"Yeah, having nightmares every night, I don't want this anymore." I look at her with tears beginning to flow. "I want to die to get away from them all."

I feel her arms around my body and squeeze my gently.

"You're going to get out of this." She lets me cry on her shoulder.

"We don't know that for sure though..." I look at her with bloodshot eyes.

"Trust me, you'll find a way out of it. You told me a while ago you like that greaseball Johnny. And the thought of him makes you have good dreams. Doesn't that mean he's the answer to your disorder?" She asks me.

"Maybe, but I'm concerned...that, if I don't end up getting with Johnny or being with anyone I like, I might stay like this forever until I die." I think of the thought of getting so used to these nightmares I have. "Not even the medication worked for me as much as I expected."

"Well, if you do get with Johnny, I'll be the third wheel." Mandy laughs a little, making me laugh weakly.

"But you're with the Jocks." I raise an eyebrow.

"Shhh, don't tell the boys." She shushes me. I nod out of sarcasm.

Time Skip...

I sat next to Johnny, whom immediately looked at me.

"Hey, Y/n." He smiles at me. "I like your sweater."

My heart quickened as he eyed me up and down.

"Thanks...I guess." I tell him while fiddling with one of the paintbrushes.

"So, what do you plan on making?" He tries to start conversation between the both of us.

"I don't know yet, something to express how much torture it is being in a loop of nightmares all the time, unless I'm think about my 'special someone', then I should be okay." I turn to Johnny.

"Oh...okay then. Can I ask who this person is?" He asks me with a sad face.

My heart began beating quicker from the question and the way he looked at me. Did he have feelings for me too?

"I'll tell you after school." I tell him, he nodded in response.

Johnny's POV

I actually felt something for this girl, she was always so sad and scared of so many things, yet anyone hardly notices this. Now that she told me she had feelings for a guy and think about him, my heart immediately went from happy to broken in an instant. I thought I wasn't her type at all.

Fuck it hurts so bad...

Yet she hasn't told me his name yet until school was done. I was prepared for the worst.

After School...

I went and caught up with my best friend, Y/n.

"So, you were gonna tell me about this certain someone you like and think about." I put my arm on her shoulder."

"O-Oh, yeah, but I don't wanna tell anyone in public." She looks around with a look of slight fear on her face.

"Ok, come with me." I pull on her hand. She hesitates and lets go of mine.

I look back to see her anxious. She probably doesn't trust me due to her issue.

"I'll be fine, I'm just not used to holding people's hands for good reasons." She looks down and walks with me instead.

We continued to walk outside until we reached the outside of the autoshop where me and my gang hang out. For some reason they weren't outside.

"Ok, we're out here, nobody else is here, trust me, okay?" I tell her with a calm voice.

"Alright..." She looks up at me shyly.

"So, the boy who I think about occasionally before I sleep in order to keep my nightmares away is standing right in front of me with the cute face, a black earring and jacket." She describes the boy-

Wait, that's me right?

"Is it me?"

"Well y-yeah, who else is standing right in front of me?" Her face gets red.

I held her hand a second time to see if she can trust me with what I'm doing. Surprisingly, she accepted it and squeezed my hand in response. I look at her and gently caressed her head then went in. Her lips were soft and warm as I kissed her softly.

"I love you too, Y/n I always have. You going through something bad and I want to help you get through it by giving you the attention and love you deserve. One day, this disorder will leave your body and mind, and those nightmares will be replaced with good things when you sleep."

I feel her soft and warm body and arms around me, looking down to see her hugging me with her pretty H/C hair covering a bit of her face.

"I love you so much, Y/n..."

"I love you too, Johnny." She kisses my cheek, making me look like I was out of breath from a fly going in my throat.

She's going to get out of this, I know she will.