PINOF (part 3)

Alex's PoV

Magnus was in my kitchen, making coffee, when I woke up.

We were both wearing the same clothes from the night before- him in a green Valhalla shirt with jeans, me with pink pants and a green hoodie over a lime shirt.

"You do know you could just get some of that at the café, right?" I teased.

He smiled. "Yeah, I know. But I wasn't sure what to do while I waited for you to wake up." He looked down at his mug as he poured the coffee.

"There was no need for you to wait for me."

"Yeah, I know that, too. I know a lot, you know," he smirked. That made me laugh. "But I wanted to," he explained.
"Oh." I was confused. "Why?"

"Well, for starters, you're my friend. Second, it'd be rude to just leave after spending the night here." I could feel my face grow a bit warm.

"And third of all, I'd like to clear up that I don't remember anything that happened last night." Thank the gods, I thought. Then I realized he was being sarcastic.

"Oh um," I couldn't form sentences. Fear ran through my entire body. "I- uh, I didn't- um, I- sorry." He got another mug out of the cabinet. His hands trembled a bit as he poured the coffee into it.

Then he turned to me and grinned. "Don't be," he said, walking over to me and handing me one of the mugs. I took the mug of coffee into my hands and took a sip. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable," I said.

"No, no, you didn't. It was actually quite nice," he looked down.

I blushed. Hard. I couldn't think clearly with him looking down at me like that. Like we were the only two people in existence. Like only he and I mattered.

"I- I didn't mean to," I started to say, but he cut me off. "It's okay. We can just forget about it."

I wanted to shout No! I wanted to tell him that it had been the best rest I'd had in a long time. I wanted to say that it was far too special to just be forgotten. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, admitting how much I had liked cuddling with him on the couch. But I wasn't about to do any of that.

"Yeah. Forget." I murmured.

He moved back to the kitchen, putting his now empty mug in the sink. I had no idea when he had finished his coffee, but that didn't seem important at that moment.

"I should probably go now," he pointed toward the door. I just nodded as I watched him walk towards it. He turned to look at me one last time. It seemed like he wanted to say something else, but then changed his mind. He closed the door behind him.

I just sat there, drinking the rest of my coffee on the couch as I remembered the way I'd felt just a few hours before.

————————————————————

Words: 511

Sorry I haven't updated in so long, I've been trying to enjoy life. But now that the holidays are over and I'm on winter break I'll be able to write more. I don't consider myself good at this but I love doing it for fun. Anyway, hope you liked it!