Poem

Alex's PoV

I heard a quick soft knock on my door, then something was slipped through the gap between the wood and the floor. I was quite perplexed and a tad bit scared, so I did the logical thing and went to investigate.

I walked slowly towards the door, listening closely for any noise coming from outside. Nothing.

I opened the door and looked outside, just to be sure, but found more nothingness.

I went back into my room, closing the door behind me. I picked up what had been slipped under my door; a green envelope.

I opened it to find a piece of lined paper folded three times. I was starting to become more and more confused.

I unfolded the paper. It was a poem. Free verse. My favorite.

Butterflies.
Like the ones you get in your stomach.
But, instead, in my chest.

Like a fire.
Not a painful one.
One that makes me aware of my surroundings.
One that makes me feel.
One that makes me alive.

That's what I undergo when I see Alex Fierro.

Atomic bomb.

I almost cried right then and there, like the idiot that I am, because I knew exactly who it was from.

I grabbed my phone off my bed and went into my messages. The first person on my list of contacts, because we had been texting the night before, was Magnus. I went into our conversation and snapped a picture of the poem. I sent it to him along with a text.

Me: You idiot.

Magnus: you're welcome :)

Me: thank you

Magnus: I love you 💕

Me: Yeah. That.

I wasn't too good at saying "I love you" but he knew what I meant. He knew I did. Or at least I hoped he did.

I decided to make it clear for him, for he had made it crystal with the poem. After a few moments of hesitation, I texted him one more time.

Me: I love you, too, Magnus.

Almost immediately, I heard a door opening, and then someone tripping in the hallway before my door was frantically pushed open. Magnus burst into my room and came straight at me, his eyes full of love.

Then he kissed me and said, "Alex Fierro, you make my undead life worth living."

————————————————————

Words: 381

Wow I wrote this in like 10 minutes, so forgive me if it's messy. I love free verse poetry so I decided to make this, I hope you liked it. Tell me if you'd like to see more poems between Magnus and Alex.

Fun fact, the poem was actually one I wrote about the girl I like, I just changed her name to Alex's.

Also, WE'RE CELEBRATING 4K READS ON THIS STORY!!🎉 THANK YOUUUUU ♥️