Chapter 2 (pt 2) Strange.

We stood in front of my first class which was, the irony - Mathematics.

According to my timetable I was supposed to be in that class since twenty minutes ago and I was supposed to stay there for another twenty minutes, which meant I was half period late.

I shook in fear as more sweats fell from my wet clothes making my shoes and the tiled floor dangerously wet.

I was standing beside Rhoda who was making a phone call, in front of the door that said 'Mathematics for S. S. S 1'

"- okay, I will. I need to drop something first- " She glanced at me making me know I was the thing that needed to be dropped. "Bye." She disconnected sending me a glance that made me test my card by sliding it down the reader.

The door clicked open, Rhoda moved the door backwards revealing a scraggy man that stood in front of the class writing things on the board from the textbook he was holding, his huge eyes moved towards us in a way that made him stand upright showing just how scrawny he was, so scrawny and fragile that his suit was dangling from space on his body.

Rhoda moved inside making my heart run faster than Usain Bolt as I took my first step in, I locked the door behind me now standing in front of the class coated in fear.

"New student, Mr Raccoq." Rhoda said to the man who snapped his book shut, prying his eyes on me like he had just sighted an interesting thing.

"I can see." The man's thick masculine voice sounded, making me raise my eyes despite my fear to get a glimpse at him.

Fear filled my bones as I stared at the man whose eyes stabbed me with rejection as his eyes slipped down my body letting me know I wasn't in his category of students he liked.

"What's her name?" The man asked. "Miss sweaty?" He mocked while my eyes widened in shock.

I didn't see that coming. What was wrong with him? Was he trying to embarrass me for fun?

What surprised me was the part where the students didn't laugh or make a sound, the class was deafening silent.

Rhoda glowered at the teacher as she motioned me to a chair in the middle of the class, making me the centre of attention.

I tried ignoring the excruciating fear that braided my ribs; I sat down carefully, placing my black bag on the spotless ground as I took my writing materials gently not wanting to attract attention to myself. I got a tiny peek of my partner.

Beside me was a girl who had on a magenta pink bow on her ponytail hair, her ears dangled with bubblegum pink earrings, her face was mashed in hot pink makeup as her lips glittered with carmine pink lip gloss, her wrists shined with various types of bangles also in pink, her nails were also in pink polish, she had on a massive coral pink sweater that swallowed her whole up to her knees along with her hands and long neck not giving the uniform a chance to sing its praises; she had on rouge pink flats that rubbed the floor gently beside her taffy pink bag.

Pink Barbie?

I frowned in confusion as I raised my eyes to the girl only to move my sight immediately from her; she was staring at me through her pink glasses.

"Monica, don't forget to come after school." Rhoda said while I gave a nod as she left the class, leaving me all alone with my new classmates and teacher.

Oh God.

The won't bite okay? Just breathe.

I pep talked as I pretended their looks weren't biting my skin.

The teacher moved closer to my seat as he had a small board and a marker in his hands.

"What is your name" His look frightened me as he stared down at me like he would eat me.