Chapter 9

The next few days are much the same. I start cleaning tired of feeling like a pampered house guest. Luna has a fit the whole time. She helps me make all the meals though. Calming that she wants to learn how to cook 'normal' food.

Connor would flirt with me during the day up to the point when Luna tells him 'you got time to flirt, you got time to clean' and that would be the last we see of him until dinner.

At night I sneak onto the roof to read or just look at the stars. Gabriel never comes back to talk. As a matter of fact, he seems to be keeping his distance again.

By Sunday night my arm has healed enough that I'm able to take the sling off. I also feel comfortable enough to leave my blade under my pillow while I'm at the house.

The sling was a nice place to hid my blade but I am glad to be rid of it. I do not want that bring extra attention to myself tomorrow when I return to school. Luna doesn't seem to want to go back.

"I know!" She hops up and down kicking her legs into the air. "Let have a swim bash to celebrate your freedom of bondage!"

"Bondage? I would have remembered Winny in bondage." Connor rubs his chin thoughtful with a huge grin. Hopeful he's trying to remember if that ever happened and not imagining it happening.

"Her arm wrap thing-a-ma-jigger." Luna amends him. "Or it can be considered an end of our brake. Or, or, stay with me now." She spreads her arms wide. "The celebratory of the last semi-warm-enough-mid-fall-day-to-swim-without-being-straight-up-crazy-mocha-bananas!" She holds her breath. Seemingly to be awaiting applause for such a magnificent title.

"Swimming huh?" I give it a fake thought. "Nope, not gonna happen."

"Why not?" Luna pouts.

"Yeah, I'm sure you'd look great in a swim suit. And if Luna somehow over looked that piece of clothing..." Connor wiggles his brows. "We could always skinnydip."

"I have one. I just don't like water." I shrug.

"Is that a cat thing?" Luna asks cocking her head to the side.

"No, it's a Winter thing." I inform her.

"Well..." She drags the word out. "You could sun bath and keep me company!" She claps as if this is the perfect option.

"No I'll pass." I start to walk away.

"What if I had something you could do while you sun bathed?" She calls out.

"What could I possibly do?" I turn back in interest. I'm a sucker for a good deal.

"You could be..." She runs from the room and is back in seconds. "Reading the newly released, as in today, copy of your favourite series." She waves the next instalment that I didn't even know existed in my face.

I lunge for it. Luna barely manages to yank it back. "How?" I breath.

"I had Mo' Charlie pick it up on his way home." Holding it up she asks, "So, how bad do you want it?"

I straighten up. "What do I have to do?"

"Yeash, you make it seem like I'm hookin' you out or something." Luna laughs. "Just go tanning that's all I ask."

"I'll meet you outside." I turn walking to my room. I like my swim suite, as well as swim suites go. It is black with a thick white outline. The top looks more like a sport bra then a thin piece of cloth barely covering anything. And the bottoms were boy shorts.

Wrapping a matching black and white towel around my waist I make my way outside knowing they would be there already. Connor seems to have trouble keeping eye contact with me.