Halloween

"Come on sherlock! We're going to be late!" John rushed through the flat, grabbing the essentials, and putting on his shoes, this was his first halloween carnival party ever and it even had a haunted house, he could hardly contain his excitement.

"Do I really have to go, especially like this?" Sherlock walked out of his room with his head down, and was dressed in a pirate costume, with a loose white shirt with a deep V line, he had on tight black pants and boots, there was a sword on his hip and lastly he had an eyepatch on. The sight was both amusing and breathtaking.

"Oh come on, you look great," Sherlocks cheeks turned a light shade of pink but John paid no attention to this, "how do I look?" John did a little spin, and Sherlock looked him up and down.

John had put on a mime costume, he painted his face white and put on a fairly simple attire, which consisted of a striped shirt with suspenders and black pants. He also topped the look off with a hat, "You look better than me, why did you get the decent costume?" Sherlock complained.

"Don't be a prick, you look good in your costume, and besides, I could never pull that off," John gestures to Sherlock with his hand, Sherlock just rolls his eyes.

"Fine, whatever, let's just get this over with," Sherlock mumbles the last part to himself, if John wasn't so excited he might've felt a little hurt by his words, but there was too much joy in him.

John smiled and grabbed Sherlocks wrist and dragged him to the door, pulling him down the stairs, Sherlock almost tripped countless times but John didn't see, and if he did he didn't care.

John hailed a cab and basically jumped in, telling the driver where to go and waiting what seemed like minutes for Sherlock to finally get in on the other side. Ten minutes of driving later the cab finally pulled to a stop in front of a halloween themed carnival.

John stepped out admiring the view and waited for Sherlock to arrive at his side, the party had a lit walkway and there were pumpkins lining it, it had a doorway made out of bushes that surrounded the entire front. On the right there was a haunted house, John was most excited about this, and on the left it had booths, probably with games and snacks.

"Sherlock, look at all this!" John smiled brightly as he took in the scene, Sherlock thought he looked like a child on Christmas morning.

"Yes John, I see," Sherlock looked unamused at the sight before him, clearly not excited for what was to come. He adjusted his eyepatch with furrowed brows, seemingly annoyed with the thing.

John walked over to the ticket booth and bought two passes for the rides and games, he politely thanked the worker and motioned for Sherlock to follow him. Sherlock complied and got to Johns side with his hands in his pockets.

"So, where should we go first?" John asked looking around at his options, "Oh, how about that one?" Sherlock's eyes follow where John is pointing, it's a game booth, bottle toss.

"I suppose, John," Once they reach the booth John hands the worker a ticket and grabs three rings, he tosses them and misses every time.

"Well, that sucked, your turn," John says still looking at his loss.

"Mm, no, I don't think so," Sherlock replies, "you see John, the booth is made so people can't win, the bottle tops are too big to actually let the ring stay, sure, if you put the ring on there it would stay, but not if you toss it. It's rigged, and I'd rather not waste my money on nothing," John looked at Sherlock and pursed his lips.

"Sherlock, you will play this game, I don't care if it's 'rigged', you're playing it because we're here to have fun, not deduce why people don't win prizes," John said sternly.