Day 18: Sick Again

Whaddup you hooligans, man, y'all better love me, I call you such wonderful names, last time I called you gangsters, and that's pretty frikkin' cool. I'm just kidding, you don't need to love me, I'm a loser anyway.

I am doin' some sickness again, WHAT WHAT, lets gooooo. Twas a request, a good request in fact, I totally understood why John being sick would be sought out, I've only ever read about Sherlock being sick, which I think I subconsciously used to write that one, so here y'all go, John shall be bedridden.

Speaking of which, it's 100% okay to ask for requests, in fact, it's encouraged, take this one for example, I wrote it in one night because it actually gave me an idea, so if any of you have a desired story hit me up and I will serve it to you on a silver platter.

*****

There was a knock on Johns door, he looked over to the only thing providing light in the room, the alarm clock on his bed stand, the motion made his head spin and he reached a hand out from under the covers to place on his forehead.

He let his head fall back onto the pillow and looked in the direction of his door, "Yeah?" he called out, his voice quiet and labored from lack of use today, he wondered why anyone would bother him at this time.

"Oh, John, it's me," he heard from behind the door, the man cleared his throat, "um, Sherlock," John smiled at his need to give his name.

"I know, come on in," he slowly started sitting up, shifting under his heavy blanket. The door began slowly opening, the light from outside brightening the room, more so as the door opened wider.

"Hey," Sherlock said, stepping in, the light made Johns head ache, but he decided to ignore it.

"Hi," John replied, Sherlock then moved all the way in.

"Did I wake you?" he asked and John smiled before shaking his head slowly, careful not to move too fast lest it make his world go spinning.

"No, I've been awake for a while," he lied, "What'd you need?" he closed the door behind him and stood awkwardly by the wall, John gave a small laugh.

"I just wanted to check on you, you've been up here all day, I was curious as to if something was wrong," he said it in a concerned voice, making John smile again, he scooted over on his bed and motioned for Sherlock to sit.

"Yeah, I've been sick," Sherlock pushed himself from the wall and cautiously walked to Johns bed, taking a seat on the very edge, John would've rolled his eyes had the motion not make his head hurt even more.

"Sick?" Sherlock asked confused and John nodded.

"You know, cough, sore throat, aching body, that kind of thing?" Sherlock smiled and shook his head.

"I know what it is, I've just never seen you sick," Sherlock admitted and John, against his better judgement, allowed himself to lay down, the sitting upwards was making him feel worse.

"Yeah, well, I can't fight it forever," Sherlock huffs out a laugh, he looks over at John and puts his hand near Johns face.

"May I?" Sherlock asks and John eyes him before hesitantly nodding, Sherlock puts the back of his hand to Johns forehead and inspects the heat, John closes his eyes once the cool fingers touch his burning head.

"You're burning up," Sherlock states and John nods, eyes still closed.

"That tends to happen when one is ill," Sherlock takes back his hand and rests it on his lap.

"Is there anything I can get for you?" Sherlock thinks back to the times when one of his family members were sick, or maybe from a movie he'd seen before, which wasn't a very wide selection. Most of the time, however, this question was asked.