Christmas

Johns POV

    Sherlock was conducting another one of his experiments in the kitchen, per usual, when I got home from work. He was wearing his regular attire, consisting of a white button up that hugged his figure and black pants, he was looking into the microscope.

    "Hey babe," I walked over to him and planted a kiss on his cheek, he hummed and continued on whatever he was doing. I sighed and headed to our room, carrying the plastic bag that contained what I'd bought with me.

    Once I reached the room I shut the door quietly and set the bag down, I removed my coat and tossed it on the bed, picking the bag back up and reaching in it pulling out what I bought, I looked at it again and smiled to myself. Walking back to the kitchen I reached Sherlock and looked over his shoulder.

    "Sherlock," no response, "baby," he hummed, "look," he pulled his eyes away from his experiment and looked at me, then eyed where my arm was in the air, he started laughing then stood up, his face now close to mine. He grabs the wrist of my arm that was in the air, pulling it down and looking at what I held.

    "Mistletoe, John? Really?" he smiled and rolled his eyes, I giggled.

    "I thought it would be fun to have in the house," I smiled and set the object on the table then put my hands on Sherlocks hips, pulling him in close. Sherlock cups my cheeks and guides his face towards mine, our lips meet, slow yet passionate. Sherlocks hands move up and entangle themselves in my hair, gently tugging.

    I pull away and grin, "See, not a bad idea," He squints his eyes then nods in agreement, I chuckle and grab the mistletoe, turning and hanging it on the doorway to the living room, "there," I say as I stand back to examine it. I then go and sit in my chair grabbing my laptop on the way, and opening it up to blog about our most recent case.

    The rest of the day was filled with one of us holding the mistletoe above the other, resulting in kisses all throughout the day. It was night and we were now laying in bed together, him on his back and me next to him facing the wall beside me.

    "John?" I give a hum and he continues, "did it hurt?" I turn over and furrow my brows, confused.

    "Sherlock, what?" I reply and repeats what he said with a grin. I groan, realizing what he was doing, this was so like Sherlock, "let me guess, when I fell from Heaven?" I roll my eyes, he laughs.

    "What no, that's ridiculous, did it hurt when you fell for me?" I give a concerned look and he bites his bottom lip, containing his laughter. The look he has plus what he just says pushes me over the edge and I burst out laughing, he joins in.

    "What the hell, you git?" I say breathlessly, which makes him laugh even more, once the laughing died down just a bit I answered him with a smile, "It hurt like hell," his smile widens and he gives me a kiss, I lean in, absorbing the feeling. We broke apart finally and I laid back down facing the wall once again.

    "Goodnight Sherlock," I say and close my eyes, adding "Merry Christmas,"

    "John? One last thing," he pauses and I think he's expecting an answer so I open my mouth to say something but then am cut off, "I love you," my heart swells and I turn half my body, giving him another kiss.

    "I love you too,"