Day 11: Dealing With Kids

Day 11, I accidentally said yesterday was day 11. It was not.

This isn't really a dealing with kids one shot, but it did have a kid in it, so I guess that counts.

*****

"How's Daddys baby doing today?" Sherlock heard John ask from the kitchen as the older man walked into the flat.

Sherlock smiled, "I'm doing fine, thanks," he began walking to the door, "and how's Daddy doing tod-" he paused once he saw John leaning over a sleeping Rosie, resting peacefully in her crib.

He nodded his head and licked his lips, John turned his head in Sherlocks direction with a smile.

"Hey gorgeous," John said in a lower voice than when he was talking to Rosie, he stood up and set the bag that was slung across his shoulders onto the ground, walking towards Sherlock.

Sherlock watched him as he arrived in front of the taller man, looking up before putting a hand on the back of Sherlock neck and bringing his face down, connecting their lips.

The kiss, however, did not last long, for it was interrupted by a long cry from the now awake baby. John removes his lips and takes his hands off Sherlock, the other man pulls his hands from Johns waist and walks over to Rosie's crib.

"What's the matter, huh?" Sherlock reaches in and picks her up, putting her into his arms and gently shushing her, John watches and Sherlock makes eye contact, "she's been kind of fussy today, nothing I couldn't handle," John nods.

"That's good," he stepped forward and kissed Rosie's forehead, she smiled and wrapped her fragile hands against Johns calloused finger, "aw, sweetheart," John looked up at Sherlock, "has she eaten?" he asked with a smile, Sherlock nodded.

"Well I fed her a little before putting her down for a nap, she could probably eat again," Sherlock replied and John put out his arms.

"Let me take her off your hands for a bit, you've been with her all day, you must be exhausted," Sherlock shrugged and rested her in Johns arms, he cradled her neck and started swaying back and forth.

Sherlock walked over to his chair and sat down, sighing as he relaxed his limbs. Rosie began crying again and startled Sherlock from his peace, John began hushing and patting her back.

"Honey," Sherlock looked up at him, John raised his brows at the man, "go lay down," Sherlock closed his eyes and licked his lips before standing up. He began down the hall after walking to John and kissing him on the cheek.

Sherlock entered their room and immediately fell onto the bed, above the covers and still fully clothed.

In the other room John continued hushing the baby, before humming quietly while she cried and walking into the kitchen to grab her a bottle, once he had that he settled in his chair and began feeding her.

"You really wear him out don't you?" he said quietly, "you keep him so busy," he cooed and she just looked at him with piercing blue eyes, "he's doing the best he can, baby," he put his hand on her head, "he's doing so much," John looked up at Sherlock's chair.

"How did I end up with such a perfect man?" he looked back at Rosie, "do you know? Huh?" he cooed while smiling and she smiled back.

*****

Later that night when Rosie had finally fallen asleep after countless tries of getting her to rest, John finally got to lay in his bed.

And he slept, cherishing every second of it, but there was, of course, always an interruption.

Rosie began crying again in the middle of the night, waking both men from their sleep, Sherlock reacted first though, sitting up and running a hand over his face.

"I'll take care of it, you go back to bed," Sherlock mumbled and John said a prayer of thanks to the man, resting his head back on the pillow, but still watching Sherlock.

"What are you doing?" Sherlock cooed with a smile, completely bipolar to his tired mood before. John shifted into a sitting position and continued looking at Sherlock, appreciating everything about the man.

Sherlock turned around and started swaying with Rosie in his arms, before looking into Johns eyes.

"What are you looking at?" he asked when John kept staring at him.

"Just thinking about how you were worth the wait," John replied with a small smile and a shake of his head, Sherlock smiled back.

"Yeah? What was worth the wait?" he whispered, stepping closer to John.

John knew what he was trying to do, but he stopped to actually consider the question. Sherlock expected something in depth, something that was beautiful, and he deserved it, of course he did. But one thing only came to Johns mind, beautiful in its own simplicity. So with a relaxed voice that was completely contradicting his racing heart, he whispered.

"What wasn't?"

*****

It's like, 4:00 in the morning, but I had to finish this otherwise I wouldn't have had anything to post, so I'm sorry if this seems rushed or half assed because it definitely is. But what can I say? I had to write for you guys and a bad chapter is better than no chapter amiright?

Fun, why'd you guys do this to me? I thought we loved each other, but clearly your true intentions were to get the word count to 666

Fun, why'd you guys do this to me? I thought we loved each other, but clearly your true intentions were to get the word count to 666. I SEE BEHIND YOUR WALL OF LIES.