Day 8: Lazy Time

Day eight my assbandits, it's short and may be lacking potential, but its here! I wrote a poem.

~Crickety crack

Ow my back~

*****

"Do we still have some of that popcorn that you got?" John asks from this kitchen, looking in cabinets.

"I think so," Sherlock shouts from the couch, "try above the stove," John turns around and opens the cupboard above the stove.

"Aha, found them," he grabs out a packet and takes off the plastic before reading the instructions on the back, "why would there be a popcorn button on the microwave if you can't even use it?" John asks as he puts the popcorn in the microwave, setting it for two minutes.

"No idea," he hears from the other room and grabs a large bowl, setting it on the table. He leans against the counter and watches the time tick down.

1:30, John drums a steady beat against the counter with two fingers, listening to the first pops, he sighs and turns around, setting his palms on the counter and looking at it, there's a cold mug of tea next to a stack of papers, courtesy of Sherlock.

He picks it up and empties the liquid into the sink, before rinsing it out and setting it down beside the other dishes. He sighs and looks back at the microwave, 00:56.

"How much longer?" Sherlock calls and John sighs.

"49 seconds," he hears Sherlock hum, the popping is now consistent, each following after the other.

"Pop pop pop," John says to himself, his patience lacking completely, the popping begins to slow as the time runs out.

Finally the timer goes off and after a few last pops John opens the microwave door, grabbing the bag by the corner. He pulls it out and shuts the door, reaching over to the bowl he begins pulling the flaps to open it.

"Ow, son of a mother swinging monkey toad," John flails his hand after the steam burns it.

"Wow John, that was very creative," he faintly hears from the other room.

"Shut up, it burned me," John smiles and then cautiously opens the bag, turning it over and emptying the popcorn into the bowl.

He tosses the bag in the garbage and grabs the bowl, walking with it into the living room, he gets over to the couch and takes a seat next to Sherlock, handing him the bowl.

"Your popcorn," Sherlock grabs it and John shifts his body so he's sitting on his own leg, before pulling the blanket that's on Sherlock over himself.

"What're we watching," John asks and Sherlock shrugs, taking a piece of popcorn and putting it in his mouth.

"Doesn't really matter," John nods and leans closer to Sherlock, lifting the man's arm and putting it on his shoulder so he could lay against him.

"It's nice not having a case," John admits and he feels Sherlock nod.

"I agree, I like getting to spend time like this with you," John smiles and looks at Sherlock, giving him a quick kiss before turning his attention toward the telly again.

"So we're just going to watch whatever's on?" John asks.

"Why not," he replies and tightens his grip around Johns shoulders.

*****

Watch, *sʍoɹqǝʎǝ sǝlƃƃᴉʍ* 'ʇuǝlɐʇ
(𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟 𝕚𝕥 𝕦𝕡𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕕𝕠𝕨𝕟 :))