One of Many

It was nearly nine in the morning and Y/N was still in bed, sleeping her life away. Her room was a mess, much the rest of her house, but her room was something else compared to the rest of the rooms in the cozy home. 

Clothes were strung everywhere like Christmas lights, each item of clothing carelessly tossed on the floor. Piles of books and papers littered the floor, covering the area of the carpet. Walking in, someone wouldn't be able to tell whether the floor was hardwood or carpet any longer. The only other thing that really occupied her room was empty bottles of random alcohol that Y/N couldn't even remember drinking. 

Y/N had an alcohol problem for most of her teen life. She started drinking when she was thirteen, and now, five years later, she's an alcoholic with no plans to continue on living. 

Across the messy room, her phone dings, disturbing any chances of her sleeping in until noon. Y/N's eyes flutter open, her mouth letting out a small yawn and quickly turning into a frown.

"God fucking damn," She muttered underneath her breath as she grabbed her phone from the nightstand it laid on. 

"Why the fuck is she still texting me?" 

CreepyDinah:  You never told me anything about yourself 

CreepyDinah: You said you would. 

CreepyDinah: Y/N?

Y/N: No, I didn't Dinah. 

Y/N: And I was sleeping, thank you very much so piss off next time. 

CreepyDinah: Okay, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. 

CreepyDinah: And it wasn't me bbg

SassyY/N: Okay bye 

CreepDinah: Wait, I'm sorry. 

SassyY/N: Fine. What do you want? 

CreepyDinah: I just need someone to talk to right now. 

Y/N sat up in her bed with her back rested against the wooden headboard. Her fingers swiftly typed away at the screen, only making a few spelling errors in words. To be honest, she didn't mind Dinah texting her at all. No one would talk to her in person, so this was the closest thing she would ever get to a real friend. She just didn't want to come off as desperate. 

SassyY/N: What's wrong? 

CreepyDinah: No rude remarks this time? Wow, we've made progress babe. 

SasyY/N: You're really pushing it now, Dinah. 

CreepyDinah: Okay, I'm sorry. I'm just upset right now. 

SassyY/N: What happened 

CreepyDinah: I'm sorry, I have to go. 

CreepyDinah: Bye bbg 

read at 8:47 a.m.

Groaning, she tossed her phone on the opposite side of the queen sized bed. Normally she would've just stopped replying, but there was something different about Dinah. Y/N didn't even know her, yet she was willing to talk to her more than she talked to anyone else. Her own mother didn't get any response from Y/N, just the same old shrug of her shoulders. There was reason for that though. 

"Fuck it," Y/N muttered under her breath as she rolled over and opened the first drawer to the nightstand that sat beside her bed. After a few seconds of rummaging, her hand finally grabbed onto the small carton of cigarettes she kept at all times. 

Opening the case, she put one between her lips and lit it. She inhaled the smoke, a burning feeling tickling the back of her throat. 

This cigarette was only one of many she would have today. 

.

.

.

.

This chapter is slightly different then the others. Tell me if you liked it like this, cause I can always change it back to texts only. I just like it like this sometimes because it gives a sense of being more of a regular book format. I think it allows more depth to be added onto the story and characters.