You Can Do New Things

Y/N wasn't lying when she said work. Her boss called her two hours before she texted Dinah and asked if she could come in for a meeting. 

Usually, she would have no problem with spending extra time at work. But this time, it was way different. Her boss, Miguel, never called for meetings. This was something serious, and more than likely her fault. 

To someone from the outside looking in, it wasn't that big of a deal and it was something that could be solved with a simple apology. Then again, someone from the outside wouldn't know that Y/N ran drugs across the whole state of California. That was the funny part about it, no one would ever know about it because Y/N hid it from everyone she's ever came in contact with. Even her own mother, who thinks she works as a waitress for the Sunshine Diner. 

Fun fact, there is no Sunshine Diner. She made it up.  

Y/N is stood in front of a large building, it looked like it belonged to a billionaire. Technically, it did. Miguel Santana was one of the richest men in the world. He got most of his money from the drugs, but he got some of it from selling used cars. 

Y/N wiped her hands on her red hoodie and then slid them into the pockets of her jeans. Her left hand wrapped around the handle of a knife. She's only been to the Head Quarters a few times, she didn't know what to expect. Just before she left her house, she grabbed the knife just in case. 

"Miss Y/LN, Miguel is waiting for you in the board room," Jeanette, the secretary, said as Y/N walked in the building with her sunglasses covering her eyes. Y/N nodded her head and walked to the elevators, clicking the 8th button before the door shut completely. 

Y/N always kept her nervousness to herself. It was something Miguel taught her before she ran for him and it was one of the only good things he ever brought her. It was never good to be vulnerable when making a deal. 

The elevator dinged and the doors opened, revealing a bright hallway aligned with rows of glass walls. Y/N stepped out, looking into the glass for Miguel and whoever else was supposed to be at the meeting. She shuffled along the carpeted floor for a few seconds before she reached the end of the hallway, where a larger, more private room came into view. 

She's never been in the boardroom, but she knew this was it. 

"Y/N, glad you could make it," Miguel said when she pushed open the glass doors. 

He was a tall, skinny man with dark skin and a long, bushy beard. He was dressed like normal, in a suit and tie with a chain around his neck for fashion. The only thing that was really unsettling about him was his smile. There was something about it that made Y/N uncomfortable. 

"This is David, as you may know," He began, pointing to a middle aged man that sat next to him, "He's my assistant. He tells me everything that goes on outside of this building," 

David stood up clapped Y/N on the shoulder. 

"There's no need for formalities, I already know about you," He said, "I've kept tabs on you ever since you started," 

If Y/N wasn't nervous before, she was definitely worried now. In the three years she's worked for Miguel, she's never knew people were keeping tabs on her. She couldn't run now, she had to wait and see what they wanted. 

"Now, Y/N," Miguel said, leaning back in his chair, "I brought you here to tell you something important that might be news to you. As you know, I have no family and no one to go home to. You're the closest thing I've ever had to a daughter," 

Like he said, this was news to Y/N. She never saw Miguel as anything more than a man that told her what to do sometimes. She didn't even consider him a friend. 

"Go on," She said, taking her sunglasses off and setting them on the wooden table. 

"You're probably wondering where I'm going with this," He sighed, "Y/N, I have cancer and I'm dying. I don't have long left and honestly I don't care. The only thing I'm worried about is the company. That's where you and David come in," 

Y/N looked over at David, who seemingly wasn't surprised at all. Noticing her confused stare, he nodded at her reassuringly and motioned for Miguel to continue with his explanation. 

"I want you to take over my position, Y/N. You're the only one that I've taught myself. You know this business like the back of your hand, and with David as your assistant," He looked over to the other man, "I think you can do new things for this corporation," 

Y/N was in shock. Her mind was clouded with thoughts and questions that she wouldn't be able to answer on her own. This was more pressure that Miguel ever instilled on her. She honestly had no words. 

"O-okay. Can I think about this or is it something that I have to do?" She asked, her hands sweating profusely. 

"I need an answer by next week," 

With that, Y/N was making her way outside to her car, aching for a cigarette. 

.

.

.

.

Wowey, you're a drug dealer, how do you feel? I needed to add some story line to this book, so I was like, ya know what, okay. I have plans for where this is going though, and don't worry, it's not going to be anything crazy. I'm not straying that far away from its roots. 

Love you bitches.