3. A Home

Once they were back at Hogwarts. Severus and Harry walked down to the dungeons, they took many twists and turns which made Harry very confused he had never been in this part of the dungeons. Severus stopped abruptly Harry could only look up at him and wonder why, Severus looked around and whispered "Horned Serpent".

A door slowly formed out of the stone wall and opened to reveal Severus' private quarters, Severus allowed Harry to walk in first. Harry looked around in amazement, there were books everywhere, the walls were a dark green, there was a black leather sofa covered with papers, Severus then started towards a room with a closed door, Harry stayed put, Severus then turned around to look at Harry.

"Aren't you coming? This is your room" Harry then scrambled to Severus' side, Harry then looked up and asked "M-my room? My own room? at home I never really had a room, I always slept in the cupboard" Harry slowly looked around the room that he could call his, it had a four poster bed, a dresser and a desk. Harry was still so shocked that the greasy git of a Professor was being so nice. "Thank you sir" Harry mumbled while giving Severus a hug, "you're quite welcome, well off to bed with you, if you need anything at all my bedroom is just to the left of yours. The bath room is to the right of your room" Severus watched as Harry set his things down and climb into the huge bed.

Severus stood in the doorway until he saw that Harry's breathing had died down, once Severus was sure Harry was asleep he cast a healing spell and cracked Harry's door, so he could hear in case of emergencies. Severus was just about to fire call Albus when he heard a muffled cry followed by a scream, Severus ran across the room as fast as he could. All this worry making him feel nauseous.

He opened Harry's door to see Harry tangled in the blankets covered in sweat, he gently shook the boy. "Harry? It's alright. Wake up, you're having a bad dream" Harry's eyes then opened and he nearly jumped out of the bed when he felt Severus' hand touch his shoulder. Harry started crying "I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean to wake you up" Harry mumbled. "It's ok. Just go back to sleep. I'll see you in the morning".

Severus then stood to leave but felt a tiny hand grasp his wrist, he looked back confused when Harry then asked "Sir, um... can I er sleep with you?" Harry stuttered. Severus only nodded and picked the boy up, Severus was surprised at how light the twelve year old was, he walked into his room and slowly laid Harry down onto his bed, covered him up, careful not to wake him, Severus placed a light kiss on the top of Harry's head. Severus slowly eased himself onto the bed and turned on his side, he dimmed the lights and looked at Harry once more before sleep overtook him.

updated: 22/11/19