41. Encounter

It was another day of another new term, Harry and his friends including the Otiz affectionately known as Goof by Harry himself were all walking to their first lesson of the day: Transfiguration with one Minerva McGonagall when they were stopped by Ron and Hermione of all things.

They knew something was going to be up if those two had something to do with it all.

"Oh looks like the slimy snakes are bloody well here, why don't you all just sliver back where you bloody well come from and stay there for good, we don't need you here" said Ron making a shooing motion to make them leave.

"Ron just leave them we are in enough trouble as it is" said Hermione as she tried to get around the six others who were heading into the classroom, everyone in the hall was watching, waiting to know what would happen next.

Otiz just growled at the two but did nothing more, he so wanted to snap at Ron as he walked passed making sure he bumped right into Harry making him fall but Harry just said "I'm fine don't worry".

He got off the floor; hand tightly in Otiz' fur making sure to ground the pair of them but Otiz' eyes had changed colour, they were now a deep dark purple......

Harry had never seen that colour before what could it mean?! He wanted to know but at the same time he didn't.

In class Minerva was writing up instructions on the board while everyone waited, this gave Ron time to write a note, making sure it flew over to Harry and his stupid slimy cohorts but before it even had a chance to lande Minerva turned round but before she could even comprehend what was happening the parchment was lit on fire and there was growling.

Everyone turned to the hybrid laying under the desk, mouth slightly open where the fire had generated from, they hoped, he then turned his head as to say 'I will know if something happens' and promptly fell asleep.

"Well that was well and truly strange even for him" said Draco making Harry nod to him, while he scratched Otiz behind the ear who purred slightly in his slight doze.

"Well class welcome to a new year, this year we will be expanding on what we already know and will go back and forth with old and new material.

Example: the match to needle spell, mice to snuffboxes both from your first year, then we have Vera Verto spell, the softening charm and Reparifarge which undoes the spell being taught.

This year we will be learning about the Lapifors spell that turns the person into a rabbit, the hardening charm as well as the Animagus spell that will help you turn into an animal of your choice..." and she transformed into her cat form.

Otiz sensing this came out from under the table and turned into his human form, making Minerva change back.

"That was what we call an Animagus which means animal transformation, it takes many years to train for this but it can be done mine is a cat but there are many different types".

"Me twain formed-ed too!" smiled Otiz up to her making her smile and then ruffle his hair.

"Go sit down next to Mr. Snape and if you're a good boy you might get a sticker" said Minerva and with a flick of her wand another chair was placed next to Harry as well as some colouring books and crayons.

Happy with what he was given Otiz got about drawing but his ears and tail had popped out when Ron tried again to get Harry's attention.

Three quarters of the way through class, most of the class gasp at this seeing only him transforming back and forth from one form to the other they had never seen a half transformation before.

"What's going on here!" shouted Minvera to the class making Harry whimper slightly at the sound but Draco had it covered, he started to rub his back before he started to have a panic attack.

"Wed head boy pass dis!" said Otiz handing her the note that was from Ron and it said:

Oi Snape, you and me wizard duel by the freaking Whomping Willow tonight at 7 we will see who wins this battle after what you did to me and my sister. You will regret what you did to us Weasely's!

Mark my words you slimy, disgusting death eater worshipper! You being that slimy gits son makes no difference you will be going down!

Don't bring your stupid mutt of a pet!!

Just you and me!!

Minerva was not happy, she had made it completely clear what would happen to him if he carried on but would the boy listen to her or even his own parents from last year's Howler, nope.

"Mister Weasley, you are the first person of this school year that has detention with me 7pm if you will, straight after dinner, if you please".

"Damn, stupid animal" was all Ron had to say to her but she said nothing more and carried on with her lecture on the hardening spell.

At the end of class Ron stepped right in front of Harry who in turn cowered to him but Otiz being back into his animal form, he was now bright red with anger, static flying everywhere.

"So you think that you can work your way out of our fight just because your stupid little runt of an animal showed it to McGonagall of all things, I'll just make sure that you come at another time.

I don't care if I'm caught or not you will pay for what you did to my family, my sister of all things!! You Snape are are nothing but a wimp and has to hide behind this stupid thing..." and he went to kick Otiz only to have his foot stopped by a hand and a wand pointing into his neck.

"Don't even think about finishing that sentence Weasley, I'm different from them and as you can see I'm not a runt or a stupid thing as you so put me!

I am a familiar and I will protect those I care about, I can smell that you were once both best friends but it changed when Sev adopted Hads here" with a flick of his wand Ron was now lying on the floor unconscious.

He just turned round to Harry and his friends who where shocked to say the least and took them to Charms saying nothing of how and why he was like this now.