5. Morning Afterwards

The sun slowly shone through the charmed windows of Severus' bedroom making him groan slightly as it was slowly but surely brightening up the once dark room.

He tried to move only to have something..... or someone groan at him from his side, looking down he could see a mop of dark hair sticking up from underneath his deep dark covers of his bed, he smiled at the child who was holding onto him for dear life.

"Harry, Harry it's time to get up" said Severus as he tried to wake the boy but said boy just hugged harder and nuzzled into his side more. Severus just smiled at him and slowly tried to get out of the tight hold on his waist.

It was slow going but he managed somehow, it could all be down to him being a spy and was able to get himself out of tricky situations he found himself in but he managed all the same. After getting dressed for the day in his normal black attire he went into the living room and sitting there ready for him was a piping hot cup of coffee and that mornings news paper.

After reading for a while he finally heard movement in his bedroom meaning that Harry was finally getting up for the day, he carried on with the news paper that he was reading until he spotted a mop of dark hair in the door way and when he looked it rushed away banging a door as he went.

Severus got up and went to the spare room and knocked "Harry it's alright, it's just me. I'm not going to hurt you come on out" he said but he got no response from him and so he tried again, still nothing and so he slowly opened the door.

There sitting on the bed wrapped in his cover was one Harry James Potter, trying to make himself as small as possible, muttering 'don't hurt me' 'I'll be good' 'I'll finish my chores so please don't hurt me' over and over again only for Severus to come slowly closer to the bed and to Harry.

"Harry it's ok, can you look at me please? It's me Professor Snape, can you please look at me?" asked Severus to the scared boy, who slowly but sure made eye contact with the man in black. ((sorry people had to say it like that, I am watching men in black at the same time as writing this))

"Pro-professor, it is really you?" asked Harry only to have Severus smile a true smile making him smile back towards the man sitting next to him.

"How are you feeling now?? Do you need anything?" asked Severus as he ran his fingers through Harry's bird's nest of hair and smiled it was softer than he thought. "Harry it's ok to tell me, I won't do anything to you, I-" he was stopped by Harry flinging himself into Severus for comfort as he was now crying, something that Severus knew he never really had.

"Oh Harry" said Severus as he continued to comfort the boy in his arms and after fifteen full minutes Severus finally let go as Harry was now calm enough to talk to him.

"Professor I'm sorry about that" said Harry to him but yet again he was looking at the floor scared, he only stopped when he felt fingers underneath his chin and onyx met forest eyes. "Harry don't be, if you want anything I will give it to you within reason, that is something that I will promise from today onwards ok" said Severus as he let Harry's chin go.

Harry just blinked to him and then showed a very small smile towards his Potions Professor, he could perhaps get used to this but he would have to see.

"Ok enough dawdling time to get up, have a wash and then up to breakfast in the Great Hall before we head out for the day" said Severus as he got up from the bed and again smiled a true smile to the boy.

"Ok Professor" said Harry as he slowly got up from the bed slowing his overly large pyjama top and bottoms to Severus who looked disgusted with them "when we got out we will be getting you some new clothes as well" and with that Severus left the room having Harry follow him as they headed towards the bathroom.

Harry washed and changed into his only pair of robes after his 'loving' uncle burned the rest of them, thank god Hedwig managed to fly away before anything could happen to her, as he left the bathroom a cup of hot chocolate was waiting for him and right next to it hooting away as she was being petted by Severus was Hedwig.

Harry sat down and right away Hedwig left Severus and went right over to Harry and rubbed against him hooting a happy tune, not long afterwards they both headed up to the Great Hall for breakfast.

Breakfast soon ended and Severus nodded towards the Gryffindor table where Harry was sitting with his friends and then got up, "hey mate where are you going?" asked Ron but he said nothing to him and slowly followed Severus to the front of the castle.

"Professor what about my classes today?? The new term as only just started I can't miss out on any classes" said Harry but Severus just smiled to him and informed him that all the teachers were aware that he wouldn't be attending lessons today and that a sub has been brought in to cover as well and so Severus grabbed a hold of Harry and they apparated to Gringotts

((Harry is in his second year only, so he is only 12))

updated 22/11/19