4.2 Severus' POV part 2

I walk towards the edge of Hogwarts once out of the school's boundaries I apparated to 4 Privet Drive, it was late in the evening, the only light that could be seen was the street lights. I spotted the front door and went straight to it, looking around I saw no-one so I pulled out my wand and whispered "Alohomora" the door opened with a soft click, not loud enough to wake anyone.

I slowly crept into the house and went up the stairs, everyone with a louder creek, damn! Once at the top of the stairs I saw four doors that seemed to open, all except one. The last door, at the end of the hallway, was closed and locked from the outside, what the hell?! I rushed to the locked door, still being quiet as a mouse and once again whispered "Alohomora" at once all the locks unlocked.

The door opened, only to be hit with the smell of blood, I looked around the room but it was too dark to see. "Lumos", I gasped in shock for the sight in front of him. Harry lay bloody and bruised in a small corner of the room. I could hear a faint whimper coming from the boy and walked closer only for Harry to flinch away and whisper "I'm sorry sir, I'll be more quiet. Please sir I won't disobey you again. Just don't hit me" I was in shock. What the hell has happened here?!

I stepped a little closer to the boy "Harry it's quite alright. Do you know who I am?" I asked my voice gentle. Harry then looked up from the floor to stare at me, he was so confused "P-professor?" Harry's voice wavered, I only nodded. "Are you ok? Who did this to you?", Harry then became very interested in the floor, he then started to cry and god I wasn't sure what to do so I reached out and placed his hand under Harry's chin to lift it up. As soon as Harry looked up, he did something that surprised me and himself, he launched himself into my arms.

I could only hug Harry back and whisper soft words of reassurance, once Harry had calmed down he stepped back and looked at his me. "I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to" Harry whispered. "Harry it's fine. The reason I'm here is to take you out of this household, but before I do I have one question" I stated, Harry only nodded.

"Would you be alright with me becoming your legal guardian?" I asked a little uncertain, I'm not going to lie, I'm very nervous about Harry's answer. Harry looked over joyed that he, again, ran into my arms, I could feel Harry nodding against my chest "I take that as a yes? bring whatever you may need or want with you. I will shrink them down and put them in my robe" Severus said, Harry only nodded.

I watch as Harry only grabbed three things: a picture of Lily, his wand and his robe. "Is that all you're bringing?" I ask unsure. "This is all I own sir" Harry mumbled, by this time I was fuming, how cold these stupid muggles do this to Lily's son? But didn't let my anger show, I don't to scare Harry. "Harry I need you to hold onto me, we are going to apparate". Once this was said, Harry came over to Severus and took a hold of his arm and they apparated to Hogwarts.

updated 22/11/19