Small World

(korean) "Hello, My name is Shin Yuna, but you can call me Yuna for short. Please be nice to me!" she bowed and sat down.

i didn't understand what she said but as soon as she removed her mask, my whole body froze. i felt my blood pressure decreasing by the second. i sat in my chair, staring at where her face one stood, looking at the corner of the ceiling.

"In front of you are your contracts, the details of your group are written in there, also the benefits you'll have." the director said.

"Please read them carefully, and once you're finished, you may sign them."

time skip a few minutes

i was at the end of the contract and i couldn't get my mind out of the clouds. at first i was bothered by being the only guy in the group, now i have to be in one with my high school crush. it doesn't bother me, it's just disorienting how things are happening in a flash.

i took the pen, but i was reluctant at signing the paper. i felt the pen melting in my hand, the closer it got to the paper.

signed.

briefing

after our meeting with the director, a lady told us to follow her outside. the girls stood up and followed her, i slowly got out of my chair and followed them.

the lady got in a room, it was a large empty room with mirrors. "This is your practice room. You'll spend a lot of time in here." the girls looked around inside the room while i stood there in the doorway, being the antisocial freak i was.

the lady got out the room so i immediately followed her. we walked down the hallway and and got in the elevator. the girls were behind me.

we all got in the elevator and went to the ground floor. the lady got out first and we followed her to this big doorway facade. "This is the cafeteria. [says a lot of stuff about the food and how we can eat for free]"

the girls wowed in excitement.

i get it, free food. amusing.

finally we got out of the building and followed her into a black van. we got inside.

i sat near the window at the back,

i couldn't pin point the girls because i forgot their names. but i knew only Yuna.

the girl i talked to in the hallway sat next to me, and next to her was another girl who, uhh- had monolid eyes...?

then another girl sat inside, then the other, the finally Yuna. she sat on window seat in the middle row at the other side of the van, opposite to me.

i clearly see her side profile. she had that very particular profile where you knew immediately it was her. she has a particular smile which she had when she entered the van.

it was bubbly.

it was contagious.

it was beautiful.

the door then closed shut and we drove off down the street but was still in proximity of the J.L.P. building. we took a right revealing an apartment complex. we parked inside and got out.

on my way in, i thought about dorm assignments. if i was the only guy, where do i stay? i definitely can not live with girls, especially with Yuna. it's uncomfortable.

we got to the elevator and it was small so only 6 of us could enter, including the lady. the lady got in and 4 other girls followed inside. i was left outside with the girl i talked to in the hallway.

the lady said the floor number and room so we could go up by ourselves.

the door closed, and silence immediately filled the lobby room. since i'll probably work with these girls for a long time, i should know them better.

i looked towards the girl, she had her hoodie on but no mask. i bowed slightly and greeted her. she bowed back, and said hi.

"English?"

"Yes."

thank god, that would make the awkwardness worse.

"Sorry, I didn't listen at the contract signing a while ago. What's your name again?"

"Shin Ryujin. How about you?"

[you said your name]

"Nice to meet you, (y/n)." she held out her hand.

i shook her hand gladly and the atmosphere was lifted slightly. i know she was trying to make a conversation cause i heard her opening her mouth but hesitating. i attempted to converse with her while we still waited for the elevator.

"Sooooooo... Coed, huh?"

"Yeah..."

god, the word that ends conversations...

"And i'm the only guy..."

"Yeah..."

shit, i'm not risking a triple hit. luckily the elevator doors opened, relieving the extremely awkward atmosphere. we got in and headed straight to the floor the lady told us.

we got to the door of the dorm and i realised what was unfolding. we rang the door and one of the other girls opened it for us. we got in and saw the lady orienting us about the dorm rules.

"This is the dorm you'll be staying and living in until the next renewal happens."

i was still hoping i could stay somewhere else, like even a studio across the hall. anything.

"You may be uncomfortable with living with the opposite sex, we are sorry for the inconvenience."

god...

the other girls were also surprised. they felt awkward and looked at me, observing my expression. i stuck there with a pokerface.

the lady briefed us about dorm assignment and rules inside and outside the dorm

She cleared up some questions the girls asked and finished up and left, leaving me and the girls alone in the living room.

Yeji took initiative and opened up a conversation,