Collapse

The group was silent the rest of the day. We parted ways upon leaving the gazebo. The other girls scattered off together while I strayed away by myself. I needed some time to figure out how to fix this.

The sun was setting. The color red covered the sky. Soon turning to a dim gray. And darkness eventually enveloped the light.

Strutting on the wooden panels of the pathway, I come across Ryujin, sitting by herself on a bench by the view.

I was hesitant at first. Seeing her attitude a while ago made me more careful with my actions. Stepping a bit closer, she tilts her head up and sees me standing right by her.

She looks back down on the ground. Leaning her back against the bench. "Hey." I muttered. A soft voice came out of such a large man.

Ryujin was clearly upset. She wouldn't even look away from the ground. It's as if she was too absorbed into her own thoughts.

Seeing the empty spot beside her, I slowly approached the bench and sat down. She moves to the side, widening the space between us.

"I'm sorry." I said to her. My mind pleading for forgiveness but my body wouldn't let me. I was scared she would end things on bad terms...

"I'm not angry at you." She says with a her raspy voice from all that loud talking a while ago. "It happened before we were a thing. Right?" She asks. Right.

I nod. Not realizing she wasn't looking, I spoke. "Yeah... It was before us." I said. During that time, I was still confused with my feelings with Yuna. But now that's behind me.

"Whatever. That unnie just needs to watch her attitude. Or else we'll have some trouble." Ryujin says, sending chills down my spine. What is she going to do? Bash her head? I don't even know at this point.

"She's still your unnie, Ryujin." I said, subtly. With a kinder tone, trying to net make her any more angry.

Her head turns to me, the sight of a curled eyebrow made me panick. Sensing her slightest anger, I quickly spoke. "But her attitude was bad!"

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I won't let that happen-"

"I can manage. Just be yourself." She cuts me off.

B-But-

"I'm sorry I walked out a while ago. We wasted our date out there, huh?" She says, her back leaning on the bench.

"Yeah.. But you know.. This is kinda a date too." I said, referring to the dark horizon in front of us. Gray clouds covering the moon over the clashing sound of the seas.

"I guess so." She says softly. Sensing that she wasn't that mad anymore, my body felt less tense.

"Where's your beret?" I asked.

"It feels kinda stupid now to wear it." She replies. Bringing it out with her other hand from the side.

"But I think you look cute when you wear it." I said.

She scoffs. "Well I guess I'll wear it then.." She smiles, putting on her beret.

This is nice. I little time to talk next to the beach at night.

"Y/N." She says softly. "Can I sleep with you tonight?"

I was shocked. Like... Sleep? or Sleep¿

"Cause I share the room with Yeji of course." She adds. Ohh.. I felt kinda stupid assuming the later Sleep.

"Yeah sure. But.. Yuna-"

"It's fine. I can kick her off." She laughs. I laughed but not completely cause she still could do it.

That's where our date by the beach ended. We got up from the bench and walked back to the building. She locked her arms with mine as we walked on the wooden path.

Something about this wooden path at night feels so soothing.

Especially with her.