Elbows

she high-fived me.

she then scooted over to sit next to me, our elbows were touching. she wore a short sleeve so her arm was touching mine.

i took my phone out and scrolled around.

"Let's take a selca!" Yuna said, pushing the camera app on my cellphone.

we took a few pics here and there and she looked at them, checking if it looks good.

"You're handsome in this one!" she pointed at one of the 32 pictures we took. "Send it to me. Here's my number." she took my phone and opened the contacts app, adding her number in.

she named her contact as "YN💙"

she smiled as she handed back my phone.

Ryujin stood up after a few minutes and asked, "Should I close the lights?"

Lia and Yuna nodded.

sleep

Yuna got under the blankets first, taking off her glasses. She was sat next to me which means the blanket she took was also mine.

"Yuna... this is my blanket."

Yuna was fast asleep, which is surprising since she literally just laid down.

it was freezing cold in the room, i couldn't stand up to change the thermostat because i could wake up Yuna and the others.

so i sat there, freezing. waiting for hypothermia to kick through the door.

a few minutes go by, it was dead silent. the girls were fast asleep. i was still sitting up straight, trying to let my blood circulate through my body due to the coldness.

then a small half-asleep voice whispered softly, "Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

it was Yuna, still under the blankets with her squinted eyes looking at me.

"It's- cold.." i stuttered, shivering from the temperature.

"We have a blanket?" she said quietly.

"You're already using it."

"We can share...?" she pulled the blankets down, leaving a small entrance for me to get in.

i was hesitant, but its either freezing to death, or dying from skin-ship. i had to choose.

i got under the blankets, being comforted by the warm heat her body radiated.

"Doesn't it bother you?" i asked softly, looking at the ceiling.

she changed her head position, now facing me.

"What does?" she asked, still half asleep

"We're sleeping together."

"No, it doesn't. It's actually quite comforting. I can't sleep without hugging something."

hugging?

who said anything about hugging?

she then immediately took her open arm and laid it across my waist. her arm sent my body jolting with electricity.

she took her leg and wrapped it around me.

i felt so warm, maybe because of the blanket, but also because of this. i felt my face blushing as my pulse could be felt from my ears.

"You're soft." she laid her chin on my shoulder.

i couldn't talk due to this... interaction.

after a while, i did feel relaxed. her arm around me felt quite comforting, even for someone i liked in high school.

soon, i fell asleep.

in bliss...

and in her arms...

next morning

"psssst... Wake up." a loud whisper came crawling through my ears.

i opened my tired eyes, but was greeted by a bright light. as soon as i adjusted my eyes to the scorching sun rays from the window, i saw Ryujin standing in front of me.

she did a kissy face (not for that purpose) to point at Yuna, who was deep in her sleep, with her arm and leg wrapped around me.

Ryujin laughed silently from the weird image she saw.

i tried to remove her arm and leg off me but Ryujin stopped me and gestured me to stop immediately.

she whispered softly, "We're having breakfast. When you wake her up, just come outside to eat."

she gave me a thumbs up and left the room.

i was still stuck under Yuna's arm, the weight pushing against my chest. i tapped the top of her head with my free hand carefully.

she didn't wake up but she slowly puckered her lips and got closer to my face.

this caused me to panic and started tapping her faster but still carefully. she immediately opened her eyes, and stopped. her lips were an inch away from my cheek.

she moved away in embarrassment.

"You almost kissed me!" i said, panting from panic.

"Did you want me to...?" she paused for a second a laughed out loud.

i was sitting there, still in aftershock, looking at the floor.

she stood up and fixed her clothes and held out her hand.

"Let's eat!" she smiled, still laughing from what happened.

i held her hand as she attempted to pull me up and failed. she fell and landed on my chest. her face was right below mine.

"Ooo... I guess it's fate."

i felt blood rushing through my face, making it tomato red.

she laughed even harder from the sight of my embarrassment. this time she did pull me up properly.

breakfast

she got out the room first. i was dazed, walking slowly.

"Good Morning!" a sober Yeji greeted us, eating cereal at the kitchen.

(Korean) "Hello" Chaeryoung said, also sobering up with a bowl of cereal.

Lia was cooking something at the kitchen stove and Ryujin was helping her.

Yuna sat down quietly, still smiling from the ordeal, at the kitchen counter.

"Why were you guys so loud?" Chaeryoung asked as she took a bite of her cereal.

Yuna looked at me, a tease as usual. she smiled at me and said, "Nothing. He looked funny when I woke up."

Yeji stopped eating her cereal and looked over to us and said, "You guys sure were comfortable last night."

Yuna laughed, "He's my body pillow." she looked at me and nodded (in a way to seek my approval).

i nodded back, still silent.

"You guys already that close on the first day, huh?" Ryujin said, with her back facing us as she was still helping Lia.

i immediately rebutted, "It's not like that, she was half asleep and stared hugging m-"

"Oh please..." Lia smiled while cooking, I could see how wide her smile was from the side.

i felt like i was being attacked from all directions,

i might as well confess.