chap 22

"Hey little guy, you okay there?"

I crouched in the tiny bathroom stall and smiled at my open bag, Mark Junior barked in response , I chuckled and picked him up, hugging him tightly to my chest .

"Poor guy, I'm so sorry"

Leaving him in that bag for an hour was just too much even if I did left it open for him, all I could concentrate in class on was that if I get caught I'll be in so much trouble and also does putting my puppy there made me one of those animal abusers?

Anyway that's why I asked to go to the bathroom, the teacher looked at me suspiciously because who the hell takes their bag to the bathroom ?! But I slipped away quickly and didn't plan on returning .

Why did I take Junior to school with me?

Because of my paranoia .

I was panicking thinking my puppy would be all by himself alone, who knows what will happen , ever since I discovered my life were in danger I became like this.

Sorry but I don't want to come back home and find doggy pieces on my front door, if that happened I would no longer have to fear for my life because I promise you I'll put an end to them myself.

And there's this creepy feeling like I'm being watched , maybe I'm overreacting but either way I'm not taking my chances.

The next two hours I spent in the bathroom playing with Mark Junior and taking a short uncomfortable nap on the floor next to a suspicious stain , after that I decided to just go home, I wanted to call Mark to pick me up but I didn't want him to worry, I already forced him not to put guards in school to watch over me .

Maybe going public wasn't a smart move, Mark was a perfect hottie so him having crazy fans was reasonable , I didn't have a single doubt that someday my body will be discovered out there covered with bruises, naked with the words 'MARK IS MINE BITCH !' Engraved .

Maybe it won't be bad to die like this, I would be remembered as the guy who dated Mark Redding and died while trying , wanting more than that would be selfish .

But selfish is who I am so dying wasn't an option , oh no , I would fucking live and be with Mark as long as I live, no scratch that, I'll fucking hunt the man after my death ! Clingy much?

In short I will not let anyone to kill me that easily !

"Ahhh!"

I started to run as soon as I heard something shifting in the bushes , my house wasn't far by now, it could have been a cat, a homeless or my imagination but like I said before , I'm not taking any chances .

Only after getting home I sighed in relief , there were two guards in there, they nodded me, one eyed me suspiciously , maybe because I was red and panting , with a grin I entered the house and put Junior on the floor, I gave him food and went to take a shower , but before that I made sure all the windows in the house were closed.

After my shower I munched on some cookies and then my phone rang.

The caller ID said 'hotdog', I answered .

"You skipped school "

"What about hello Kyle ! How was your day? I love you?"

"Kyle..."

"Okay okay I ditched! Happy? Now can you say I love you?"

"I love you. Why did you ditch?"

"Jeez Mark aren't you romantic? I love you too but I need to go!"

"Kyle answer me or I'll come !"

"Is that a threat ? You have work you know ? "

"Kyle--"

"I really need to go! Love you!"

"Don't you da--"

And that was the end of the conversation , I

Didn't want him to worry because of me , I don't want to interfere with his job, he already has enough pressure and I shouldn't trouble him with myself, I'm fine right now, no one tried to murder me yet so all cool yeah?

Even if I don't believe it, I need to pretend I do and play calm, stressing over it won't help and making Mark involved with my panic will only hurt him .

What would our life be if we didn't go public?

I really don't know .

What would my life be like without Mark ?

I won't even try to imagine .

Mark is the best thing that ever happened to me, before him I was just plain virgin boy Kyle with no family except of a crazy sister and one best friend .

Now?

Still plain to my opinion , not so virgin , still have a fucked up sister and one amazing best friend but I also have one sweet perfect boyfriend that makes my heart beat too fast when I think about him, what else do I need?

Maybe a wedding ?

Forget I said that .

In the evening Mark came, he was quite pissed because I didn't answer to any of his calls.

"You have an idea what was going through my mind ?! You're lucky I have guards here to update me!" Guilt washed me, he looked distressed and uneasy, I thought I was doing the right thing.

"I'm sorry ..."

I hugged him and burried my face in his chest, inhaling him, his hands wrapped around me tightly as he sighed.

"I know you're scared, please don't distance yourself from me , you can tell me how you feel".

I nodded against his chest, a single tear dropped from my eye.

"I'm scared..." I whispered and bit my lip to stop myself from crying .

All this situation scared me, to have someone threatening my life like nothing just because of my love to Mark , I was scared to love him and be loved by him.

I was facing a real dilemma .

Life or love?