chap 26

"Your parents?!"

I untangled myself from his embrace and turned to glare at him.

"They are just coming to say hello and then leave..." he sighed and tried to engulf me with his huge muscled arms.

"You're kidding me? I'm not ready! I can't meet them, what if they'll hate me?"

"No , they'll love you! I promise ."

He showered kisses on me.

That doesn't make me happy at all...

______________________

At a restaurant .

"Mom, dad, this is Kyle , my boyfriend " Mark introduced me .

"Mr and Mrs Redding ! It's so nice to meet you! "

With a huge smile I stretched my hand out but they only stared at me . I gulped.

"Isn't he a bit too young for you Mark ? "

"Mom!" Mark warned his mother as I slowly pulled my hand back with a frown .

"What? I only wants what best for you honey . I don't want to see you in prison for sleeping with a minor!"

"I'm legal . Ma'am ." I said through gritted teeth.

"Really ? Could have fooled me!" She exclaimed .

"Margaret ,don't be so harsh ! " her husband butted into the conversation , saving me from his annoying wife .

"You know Mark likes them young."

Sorry , did I say the wife was annoying .

"Kyle, please go and check if our table is ready while I speak to my parents ."

"Gladly!" I muttered and strolled away from the rude couple , what was their problem ? Not good enough for their son ? I was perfect ! Ignore all my disadvantages and what you get? Perfect!

Those old people don't have eyes to see my perfection !

"Sorry, the reservation under the name of Redding is ready ?" I asked a waiter , he nodded and ordered me to follow him to the table.

I scanned the menu while waiting for Mark and his parents . They came after almost fifteen minutes!

"Sorry to keep you waiting !" Mark kissed my forhead and sat next to me while his parents sat in the opposite direction with more pleasant expression .

"I already ordered for myself ..." I apologized.

"It's okay, we took a long time ."

They all ordered and when the food arrived we started a surprisingly nice conversation .

"It's only me and my sister but we're doing okay , I was lucky to meet Mark , the whole story is quite funny!"

"Tell us!"

" he was dressed like a homeless when my sister brought him home and I thought he was a monster ! " I chuckled as I remember our meeting . "I honestly believed he was some sort of a new species but when the dirt came off I was shocked!"

And an hour passed.

"What are your plans for the future ?" Rodney

asked .

"Um , after I'll graduate I want to study graphic design in New York ."

"That's nice..." Margaret hummed but I could tell she wasn't satisfied .

"That's great !" Mark said and sent her a warning glare.

She coughed and straightened .

"Mark, you remember Jordan? I ran into him the other day, he started his own law firm! What a splendid young man, you should give him a call."

"Mom..."

"What? I'm just saying , he's available and you--"

"In a relationship !" He cut her off.

That stupid mother of his ! I want to punch her and that Jordan guy !

"Margaret let it go!" Rodney sighed.

She frowned and stood , excusing herself from the table.

" I guess it's time for us to leave, it was nice meeting you Kyle , you're not awful..." Mr Redding left.

Well gee thanks. I'm not awful.

"I'm so sorry for all of this" Mark took my hand in his.

"It's okay , it's a shame you can't sell parents on ebay nowadays ..."

I teased .

"I don't think someone will buy them , maybe dad but mom... that's a whole different story!"

"How about me? You think someone would buy me?" I wiggled my eyebrows .

He hummed . "I don't think someone would..."

"What? Why not?" I scowled .

"Because I would make sure of that ..."

He grinned and pecked me.

___________________

"You know what we should do? "

"Sex ?" He smirked.

"Haha very funny! We should go on a trip together ! Wouldn't that be fun? "

"Yes but I'm busy with work and--"

"Come on! For me..."

With pleading eyes I stared at him, he shifted uncomfortably under my gaze before sighing .

"I guess I could clear three days ..."

"Yayyyy!" I jumped on him , kissing him hard on the mouth.

"So where do you want to go ?"

"Hmm I don't care as long there's a beach ..."

"Okay then, let's go next week okay ?"

I nodded .

"Now we can have sex..."