Chapter V

V

V. In His Arms

Livia returned to the table and downed the goblet. She certainly needed the liquid courage if she was to continue what she had planned to do.

She didn't know what had gotten into her for wanting to do such a thing, perhaps it was her father's disappointment or it was the arbor gold.

Before she could talk herself out of it, she set off towards where many were already dancing and meeting Jaime's eyes, she raised up seven fingers. He only raised an eyebrow as if he was challenging her.

Well, she was not one to shy away from a challenge. Livia closed her eyes and spun around, her skirt fluttering around her.

1...2...3...4...5...6...7

Around and around until she stopped. Livia opened her eyes to see the world in a blur around her. Taking one step forward, she stumbled.

She almost fell to the floor, only she was caught just in time and was immediately swayed to the melody. When her vision cleared, she saw that she was in the arms of the man she saw at the ceremony.

The man with the raven hair and blue eyes. He was taller than she had expected, towering over her, a confident and easy smile on his face as he placed one of his hands on her waist and the other, holding her hand.

"Well, I would ask you what you were doing but I already know why." The man spoke, his voice quite deep.

Livia looked up at him, almost in shock before she quickly recovered. "Oh, you do? What was I doing then?" She asked, regaining her senses around her and dancing gracefully, meeting his steps.

He laughed then, his laugh so beautiful, it rendered her speechless. "You wanted to dance, didn't you? I'm happy to comply with your request, my lady."

He was unlike Rhaegar, whereas the prince was slender and graceful, this man was toned and robust. Who was this man, she wondered.

"Why, thank you, kind sir." Livia laughed with him.

"Robert Baratheon, at your service." The man who she now knew as Robert said.

"Livia." That was her only reply, she had not thought to think about saying her family name. For that night, she had just wanted to be Livia, without the Lannister name being such a weight on her.

Robert seemed to sense the hint of mystery around her and took it in stride.

"Enchanted." He said, placing a soft kiss on the hand he had been holding.

As they continued dancing, Livia couldn't seem to take her eyes off of the handsome man in front of her. She knew that somewhere around the room, her brother and sister were watching her like a hawk but in that moment, nothing else mattered.

"So what did you think of the ceremony, Lord Robert?" She asked, as he guided her into a turn.

"As all ceremonies usually are, boring." He answered, making her look at him confused.