Chapter XXIV

XXIV

XXIV. Hearts Revealed

"I think it's there."

"Shhh."

"Seven hells, it's right there."

"Liv, shh or else we won't eat tonight."

Livia shook with annoyance and leaned over Robert's shoulder to see a small boar eating grass.

The boar stirred, making her inch closer to Robert, her hands clutching his shoulders tightly.

Too tightly, apparently.

"If you squeeze any tighter, I won't have shoulders anymore." He whispered to her as he adjusted his grip on the spear in his hand.

"Sorry." She whispered back, loosening her hold on his shoulders but her hands remained. "Have you hunted a boar before?"

"Well," He began softly, inching closer to the boar. "No, not really. Foxes, hounds, and stags, I have hunted plenty of times though."

Livia scooted closer as he moved nearer to the boar, alarmed. "You mean you haven't hunted boar before! You're not even on horseback. Oh, we are dead."

Robert paused, slowly raising the spear. "Relax, no one's been killed by a boar before. I think."

"That's comforting. I'll leave you to your boar." She said, slowly moving back, eyes on the boar as Robert prepared to kill it.

What she didn't think would happen was when she was stepping back, she stepped on a branch, releasing a loud crunching sound.

The sound attracted the boar, making it squeal in anger as it bounded in their direction.

Livia's first instinct was to run but her body froze with fear as if she couldn't even shout. She closed her eyes, praying for anyone to rescue her when she heard a grunt of pain.

Still, she kept her eyes shut, not wanting to see whatever happened when she felt hands on her arms.

"Open your eyes, Liv."

Slowly, Livia opened her eyes and saw Robert looking at her in concern, his blue eyes light and worried.

"Are you alright?" Robert asked, his hands still on her arms.

"I'm alright. Is...Is it dead?" She answered, shaking herself from her shock.

Livia tried to look around him but he blocked her view of the dead animal. He smiled at her in amusement. "It is. Who knew you'd be great bait?"

Robert turned her around and led her back to their campsite, gesturing for some men to clean up the mess and prepare the boar.

"Bait? You really know how to charm women, Robert Baratheon." She smirked as they arrived at the campsite.

Robert only winked. "Not all women. As you may recall, there is one who escaped my charms."

Livia patted his cheek, trying to hide her blushing cheeks.