Chapter XX

XX

XX. Detached

It was wrong. The moment it started, she knew something wasn't right. But she didn't know what in seven hells was wrong, only that certain things were not adding up.

Livia was in Casterly Rock once again after so many years, the smell of seawater and the white structures were still so fresh in her memories.

She was seated by the cliffside, the cliffside that she spent most of her childhood playing in, surrounded by people as if they were all in celebration. There were the distant sounds of children laughing and of a lute playing joyful music.

"Livvy, is everything alright?" A concerned voice asked as she looked around in confusion.

Livia turned to see Jaime, no longer donning his Kingsguard attire, instead wearing a plain tunic and breeches, looking so carefree, so happy. "Yes, I-I was just looking for something."

He laughed, making her laugh with him even if she did not know the reason. "I'm sure he's just right around here somewhere."

"Who?" She asked, her brows scrunching.

"Your husband, of course." He replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Jaime left to go to Cersei's side and Livia stood from her spot, seeing a familiar head of raven hair.

"Elia?" She called out, surprise evident in her tone, her chest tightening in unexplainable grief.

Why was she suddenly so upset?

Elia turned around and ran to her, pulling her into a warm embrace, making her forget her grief. "Livia! I'm so happy for you!"

"I don't understand, Elia, how...what's happening? What are we celebrating?" Livia questioned.

Elia looked so beautiful, her complexion warm and her eyes shining, her smile so wide that it occupied most of her face.

"You just got married! Why shouldn't we be celebrating? Look, even Rhaegar's here!" Elia grinned, pointing to the Targaryen prince, playing the lute.

Aegon and Rhaenys played on the ground, not far from their father who watched them with adoring eyes.

"But my husband, where is he?" Livia asked, only for her to feel a strong arm wrap around her waist.

"Right here." A familiar voice, sounding all too proud of himself.

Livia's head turned to see the source of the voice, her eyes widening and her mouth falling open in shock.

"Oberyn?"

"Hello, my precious lioness. Did you miss me?"

Liva looked from Elia to Oberyn to Rhaegar and back to Oberyn, pushing him away from her. "No, don't."