Chapter XL

XL

XL. Leaving the Past for Good

"You brought my brother to Dorne!?"

Robert raised his arms in defense as Livia turned to him with a glare. "He wanted to come! Don't blame me!"

When they had reached the bottom of the tower, the heat seemed to have magnified and when Livia's eyes fell on her brother, her temper rose.

Before she could answer, a voice piped up, nervous. "It's um..good to see you, Livia."

Turning around, her eyes fell on Ned and her mouth dropped open, turning to Robert once more. "You brought Ned too? Did you happen to bring the whole Westeros with you?!"

Robert only smiled sheepishly, taking one of her hands and planting a kiss on it. "You're worth it."

Livia was about to smile when she realized his answer to her question. "Wait. You brought the whole Westeros to Dorne!?"

Everyone laughed and Jaime approached his sister, grinning and embracing her. "Do not worry, dear sister. He just brought King's Landing's fleet, Stormsend's and Winterfell's soldiers and of course, Casterly Rock's. So to answer your question no, not the whole Westeros."

She was shocked and at the same time impressed. How did Robert convince the great Lord Tywin? "Casterly Rock? You convinced my father to let you take the fleet?"

"It wasn't easy. To tell you the truth, I almost pissed myself just talking to the man." Robert confessed, making everyone grin but Livia only felt touched. He had gone through all of that just to bring her home.

Livia walked over to Robert, kissing him softly. "I love you." 

"And I love you." Robert answered, cradling her cheek.

They were trapped in their own little world until Ned cleared his throat. "Perhaps we should go. It's better to leave now before it gets dark."

Robert looked all around irritated but Livia just pulled him to the horses. After all, Ned was right and she didn't want to get stuck in the desert at night. Who knew what sort of creatures wandered these parts?

Robert was still pouting when he helped her on the horse and climbed behind her. 

After riding on horseback for a while, the silence and the heat persevered. It was a comfortable silence but still, she felt the need to fill it with words.

Whilst she cannot hope to do anything to solve the problem with the heat, she can fill the silence. She spoke up over the quiet atmosphere.

"Are you still pouting?" Livia asked, knowing the answer even if she couldn't see his face.

"And if I still am?" Robert countered, making her laugh softly. "I haven't seen you in three months. It's only natural that I can't help but get lost in your eyes."